Windows 10: "Do you want to open this file?" for png files

Discus and support "Do you want to open this file?" for png files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden Windows 10 decided to start popping up the "Do you want to open this file?" pop-up every time I try to open a png file. What can I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Apr 21, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

"Do you want to open this file?" for png files

All of a sudden Windows 10 decided to start popping up the "Do you want to open this file?" pop-up every time I try to open a png file.

What can I do to avoid this? No idea what happened to cause this.

:)

rivre, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 21, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile "Do you want to open this file?" for png files :)

jaydeee, Apr 21, 2019
  4. "Do you want to open this file?" for png files

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

"Do you want to open this file?" for png files

1. "Do you want to open this file?" for png files - Similar Threads - open file png

2. how do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you want to open this file?: every day at 8:00 PM i get a pop up how do you want to open this file? its very annoying how do i get it to stop showing up every day submitted by /u/JamesLPYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v5q11h/how_do_you_want_to_open_this_file/
  3. How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you want to open this file: Hello all, Earlier I installed WPS and then I uninstalled it later. But some of it's files are still in the PC which is very annoying. For better reference to the problem I am attaching the screenshot. [ATTACH]...
  4. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you want to open this file?: Hi guys, I'm getting rather annoyed at this but hopefully somebody will be able to explain how to solve it.... When I try and open an "image file" (jpeg, png etc) i get the classic pop up "how do you want to open this file" I Cannot go past this point. I have selected...
  5. How do you want to open this file?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you want to open this file?: Every time after booting my desktop, this "How do you want to open this file?" message appears. I have no clue, what kind of file this message talking about. Help me out.[IMG]...
  6. "Do you want to open this file" nonsense.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Do you want to open this file" nonsense.: Hey Forum Folke, Windows 10 has a lot of annoying habits, and I'm finding new ones all the time. This particular one is driving me nuts: I have a bunch of .gif files stored locally on my hard drive. Every time I double-click on one of 'em to open it, I get prompted with...
  7. How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you want to open this file: when i try to open .cfg file it asks me every time "How do you want to open this file", i set notepad and it don't save this app as the application in which it must to open. And whey i again try to open this .cfg file windows again asks me "How do you want to open this...
  8. "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "How do you want to open this file?": This pops up on my computer randomly, but generally every 5 to 10 minutes. It disappears on mouse click, but is annoying. Especially if in the middle of some work. See the attached screen shot. I have read through many posts regarding a variation of this popup that includes...
  9. How do you want to open this file ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do you want to open this file ?: When ever I try to download a program and I was an exe. file I never just get a run button so I can simply install the program but a box pops up saying "how do you want to open this file? " with the options of: Internet Explorer Notepad Office XML Handler Paint Windows...
  10. "Do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Do you want to open this file?": Every time I want to open downloaded from internet image file I receive a warning message "do you want to open this file?" which makes me crazy.Is any way to disable this,PLEASE? 27759

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open png and jpg emails on window ten