Windows 10: do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway

Discus and support do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is moronic There are lots of posts saying the same thing for years.... They are not answered just closed They are blocked from further comment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tim12416, May 13, 2020.

1. Tim12416 Win User

do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway

This is moronic

There are lots of posts saying the same thing for years....

They are not answered just closed

They are blocked from further comment because every comment on the post agrees it is stupid

How stupid does Microsoft think this is?

:)

Tim12416, May 13, 2020
  2. little cat, May 13, 2020
  3. oily_17 Win User
    No Reboot After Altering Bios Settings !!

Yeah I just plugged it in there now and when I make changes it shuts down and then about 2 seconds later restarts with all fans at full power and stays there.
    The read out says EN SETUP,I have let the fans spin for about a minute or so.

EDIT:After I do the PSU on/off thingy it boots straight to Windows and if I "Restart" from Windows it will reboot OK

oily_17, May 13, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. do you want to restart? NO NOT NOW windows then reboots minutes later anyway - Similar Threads - restart reboots minutes

2. Is there anyway to set it up so that when you open File Explorer after a windows reboot you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to set it up so that when you open File Explorer after a windows reboot you...: Every time I start File Explorer, I have to set up the same tabs. It would save a bunch of mouse clicks/time, if the same tabs were open as a default. Is there a way to set this up?...
  3. Is there anyway to set it up so that when you open File Explorer after a windows reboot you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to set it up so that when you open File Explorer after a windows reboot you...: Every time I start File Explorer, I have to set up the same tabs. It would save a bunch of mouse clicks/time, if the same tabs were open as a default. Is there a way to set this up?...
  4. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  5. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later: I've been having issues with my computer. Two weeks ago, my computer was taking a long, long time to start up after it updated something. The start up problem was finally fixed by a local tech support company's technician when he reverted my Windows back to version Windows...
  6. Computer won't shut down - It restarts five minutes later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC Never on line but do I want to upgrade ? anyway

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Never on line but do I want to upgrade ? anyway: Hi my first post. My PC is working fine and I have NO problems. It does no have access to the internet unless I take it to my daughter 11 miles away. I purchased it Jan 2018 it has Windows 10 Pro v1709 (build 16299,1029) I am getting the internet soon. What is this pc going...
  8. Do you want to restart the IPC server?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do you want to restart the IPC server?: What does this mean, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-want-to-restart-the-ipc-server/90e72e5f-ab2e-4e5e-b3cd-69b39a46a4f3
  9. Do you have to reboot to remove monitors now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do you have to reboot to remove monitors now?: I noticed in display settings there is no longer (at least on the machines I've tried, all Win10) an option to disconnect displays under the multiple displays option inside of display settings. After trying for about an hour to get a windows box to forget a completely...
  10. partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    partitions out of order, do you want to install anyway?: I Can't install windows on disk "Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table." I was getting that and realized I had to delete partition fOR the usb windows 10 pro install to even work, which I'd forgotten after many years. So I...