Windows 10: Doby Atmos not working

Discus and support Doby Atmos not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I have updated to update 1809 doby atmos has stopped working now I can't select it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by El1teDan, Apr 6, 2019.

1. El1teDan Win User

Doby Atmos not working

Since I have updated to update 1809 doby atmos has stopped working now I can't select it?

:)

El1teDan, Apr 6, 2019
  2. El1teDan Win User

Doby Atmos not working

Since I have updated to update 1809 doby atmos has stopped working now I can't select it?

El1teDan, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Dolby Atmos

We would like to confirm if you have check if you Dolby Atmos can be dectect by your computer?

We suggest that you check if its being detected by following these steps:

• At the bottom right side of your screen, where the Time and date can also be located, look for the
      sound icon.
    • Right click on the sound icon, a smaill window will pop up with the Sound
      menus.
    • Click on the Playback Devices.
    • The Sound window will appear with the Playback
      tab.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

If its not on the list in Playback Devices, kindly check if its listed in Device Manager by:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then
      Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click
      Unintall
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.

After your computer has restarted and your are in the Desktop screen of your computer, connect your Dolby Atmos device. It should automatically be installed in your computer by giving you prompts. Once successfully installed, kindly check if it is detected
    now by you computer in Playback Devices.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kristine Som, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Doby Atmos not working

Doby Atmos not working

Hi El1teDan

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Please try these steps and check after each step. If these don't work, let me know. I will provide further troubleshooting steps.

1. Run Troubleshooter

Windows Key+i > Update & security > Troubleshoot > Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter

2. Take actions related to Audio Driver

Windows Key+X > Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Sound, Video & game controllers > Right Click on the entry below (if more than one, then you will have to repeat the steps for all) > Properties > Driver Tab >

A. Roll Back - If Roll back driver is enabled, roll it back

B. Update - Update driver

C. Download and reinstall the driver from computer manufacturer's website - If you face issue, let me know your computer make and model?

3. Check Speaker / headphone is not disabled and is set as default

Type Sound in Windows Start Seach box > Click Sound > Under Playback tab, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices > Select Speaker and click on Properties and make sure that it is is enabled > You may also
    check if the Speaker that you are using is set as default.

4. Run Built-in & Guided Walk through Windows Update troubleshooter

Built-in : Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Click Windows Update > Click Run the Troubleshooter

Guided Walk though -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...

5. I would recommend that you perform a Windows 10 repair upgrade. Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications and settings. (You will not lose any data while backup is a good idea) Below is a good guide to perform repair upgrade

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repai...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...

Vijay_Verma, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Doby Atmos not working

1. Doby Atmos not working - Similar Threads - Doby Atmos working

2. dolby atmos not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dolby atmos not working: i have purchesed dolby atmos in microsoft store but dolby atmos not working in my desktop when i tried to activate its not working what can i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/e3f887d5-9ba6-4ae7-b0e1-eb8da3438045
  3. dolby atmos not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dolby atmos not working: i have purchesed dolby atmos in microsoft store but dolby atmos not working in my desktop when i tried to activate its not working what can i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/e3f887d5-9ba6-4ae7-b0e1-eb8da3438045
  4. Dolby Atmos for ROG stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos for ROG stopped working: I have been using Dolby Atmos ASUS ROG Strix G15 win10 since many months. It used to show dolby atmos for Rog on the tuning page. I had to reset my windows and had to setup everything from start. Dolby worked after updating all the drivers exactly for 2 days. All of a sudden...
  5. Dolby Atmos for ROG stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos for ROG stopped working: I have been using Dolby Atmos ASUS ROG Strix G15 win10 since many months. It used to show dolby atmos for Rog on the tuning page. I had to reset my windows and had to setup everything from start. Dolby worked after updating all the drivers exactly for 2 days. All of a sudden...
  6. Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore

Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore: Hello everyone,I have been using Dolby Atmos spatial sound on my PC for a few years now and loving it.However since 2 days ago its not working anymore, the entry is still there under spatial sound but whenever i switch to it or change a setting in dolby access, nothing...
  7. Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore

Dolby Atmos for PC is not working anymore: Hello everyone,I have been using Dolby Atmos spatial sound on my PC for a few years now and loving it.However since 2 days ago its not working anymore, the entry is still there under spatial sound but whenever i switch to it or change a setting in dolby access, nothing...
  8. Dolby atmos is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby atmos is not working.: Error says; "Failed to play test tone." "Something went wrong while trying to turn on Spatial Sound" im using Samsung Q950T but is working when using dolby access play demo content, my soundbar detected DOLBY ATMOS, when i apply setting on sound properties dolby atmos for...
  9. Dolby atmos no longer working

Dolby atmos no longer working: The app has been working great for months so i bought it after the free trial ended, but since last week that has not been the case. it will no longer work. When loading the app get told to select dolby atmos for headphones in the spatial sound box, the option does not appear...
  10. dolby atmos not working

dolby atmos not working: I installed dolby atmos for headphones but can't get it to launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dolby-atmos-not-working/87fbdda8-f3fb-4f6f-a3c1-a366871d7af9