Windows 10: Dock issues with updated Win 10

Discus and support Dock issues with updated Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Morning,We have some laptops that have been updated with updates up to April 15 and since doing that we are having strange issues with Docks. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cwozniak, May 18, 2021.

1. cwozniak Win User

Dock issues with updated Win 10

Good Morning,We have some laptops that have been updated with updates up to April 15 and since doing that we are having strange issues with Docks. We have updated all Dell firmware on the computer and tried a few different docks all having the same issues. Users' mouse will stop working and requires a dock reset to get working again. When the device goes to sleep the extra screens will not connect and requires a dock reset to get working. Another user had 4 different laptops constantly BSOD with some sort of driver error.Everything is fine without the docksHas anyone seen these issues?Chr

:)

cwozniak, May 18, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HDD Docking

Hi Tonyo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?

The computer docking connections located on the bottom of the computer vary between computer models. For the docking station to work properly, the docking posts, eject mechanisms, and electrical connections on the docking station must be compatible
    with the connections on your computer model.

Meanwhile, if the docking station is compatible, you may update the device drivers for your docking station and check if it works.

Update device drivers for docking station:

• Open the PC manufacturer support Web site, search for the
      Docking Station Driver for your PC model.
    • Install the driver suggested and check.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS and try connecting the Docking Station again.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 18, 2021
  3. jackin Win User
    I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, May 18, 2021
  4. Dock issues with updated Win 10

Keyboard issues?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I see that you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps and I appreciate the efforts that you have taken to resolve the issue. We will try a few troubleshooting steps and see if it helps.

• Is that docking station compatible with the HP laptop?

This issue can occur is some of the docking station drivers are not working as expected.

You may want to update the device drivers for the docking station and check if that helps or makes any difference.

As the laptop is working fine without any issues without the docking station, suggest you to refer to the steps from this HP article to ‘Troubleshooting
    Problems with Docking Stations
    ’.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Dock issues with updated Win 10

1. Dock issues with updated Win 10 - Similar Threads - Dock issues updated

2. Win 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 update issue: latest update KB52006670 won't install has error code 0xe0000100. What does this error code mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-issue/588cf515-9e5e-46df-9c5d-09353541648c
  3. Win 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 update issue: latest update KB52006670 won't install has error code 0xe0000100. What does this error code mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-update-issue/588cf515-9e5e-46df-9c5d-09353541648c
  4. Win 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Docking station issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Docking station issue: I connected a docking station and when i close my laptop the monitors close also. how do I use my keyboard and mouse when laptop is closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-issue/f18b0c39-e96f-4e79-941a-3cb3f1e6bd72
  6. Windows Update causes issues with dock today

Windows Update causes issues with dock today: Quick rundown: After updating windows this morning, one of my programs refuses to use my Nvidia GTX1050 card, only when hooked up to my dock. When the dock is unhooked, it opens just fine. I have a Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 Pro, and I am using a J5 Create dock that I...
  7. Win 10 update issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 update issue: Hi I have successfully connected my bluetooth wireless earphones with my hp notebook but I am unable to hear sound from it. Tried updated my realtek driver with current version for windows but no success. Kindly help, I am badly frustrated from this issue for the past...
  8. Docking issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Docking issue?: Last week, I was having issues accessing my OneDrive. I had a computer technician come in and re-image my computer. The technician was able to fix the issue of my OneDrive, but what I noticed I had issues with my docking system. We downloaded the display link and that seemed...
  9. Last update in Win 10 ISSUE

Last update in Win 10 ISSUE: Since the last upgrade was performed both of my computers are having a specific issue, when a go to the desktop and right click on the mouse and go to PERSONALIZE to get ot my themes, it opens but if freezes and cannot make any changes like background, theme, etc..., I...
  10. Win 10 Enterprise - Update issue

Win 10 Enterprise - Update issue: Hi, can you help me to give some solution for this windows update issue. i have used to cloan from my first hard disk to second hard disk, then now i cannot update Windows. i have prepare around 100 computers like this in my company, i want to solve this issue asap....