Windows 10: Docked keyboard all of the sudden stopped working.

Discus and support Docked keyboard all of the sudden stopped working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My docked keyboard Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 stopped working. It shows as installed, and it worked before, but all of the sudden does not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jennifer Gordon, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Docked keyboard all of the sudden stopped working.

My docked keyboard Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 stopped working. It shows as installed, and it worked before, but all of the sudden does not work. I have tried multiple different docking stations, restarted, uninstalled - reinstalled. Nothing seems to fix the problem.

:)

Jennifer Gordon, Jul 26, 2020
  2. wptski Win User

Keyboard stops working

I see a others postings like this. All of a sudden my keyboard stops inputting. It doesn't happen enough to blame a certain app or sequence. The device manager showing the keyboard as working. I have to reboot to correct the issue.

wptski, Jul 26, 2020
  3. DeepalM Win User
    Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Docked keyboard all of the sudden stopped working.

Dock function in the On-Screen Keyboard.

Hello Andre,

Thank you for posting you query on Microsoft Community Forums.

The dock option in on-screen keyboard is by design and it is enabled only when you use a touch enabled computer. The dock option works similar to a window which maximizes and you cannot move the particular window around.

When you click on dock option, it switch the on-screen keyboard from fixed to the bottom of the screen with full screen mode.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Docked keyboard all of the sudden stopped working.

1. Docked keyboard all of the sudden stopped working. - Similar Threads - Docked keyboard sudden

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  8. PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN

PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN: My Printer is not working on Windows 10. I did everything from troubleshooting to unplugging the Printer, uninstall the Printer, then reinstalled it, nothing seems to work. I never had a problem with my Printer before...it just stopped working. Any suggestions on what I...
  9. Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work: I had an issue where my headphones suddenly stopped working, and while troubleshooting went through all the possible online solutions: making sure drivers were updated, sound was on and off mute, checked the sound setting for correct default etc., all to no avail. I found an...
  10. touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working

touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working: the touchpad and keyboard suddenly stopped working a few seconds after the computer starts. i did a system restore and it worked well for a few hours before it stopped working again. im not sure if this is because of the windows 10 updates. i mean, do i need to perform system...