Windows 10: Docker Desktop Installation Failed

Discus and support Docker Desktop Installation Failed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm unable to install Docker Desktop 2.3.0.4. Installation failed with message - Installation failed: one prerequisite is not fulfilled. Docker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Irshad_Nizami, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Docker Desktop Installation Failed

I'm unable to install Docker Desktop 2.3.0.4. Installation failed with message - Installation failed: one prerequisite is not fulfilled. Docker Desktop requires Windows 10 Home 19018+ . I'm using Windows 10 Home and i see it's updated as per regular Windows updates. What should be done to fix this error?

:)

Irshad_Nizami, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Raj-O Win User

hcsshim:Docker Desktop Installation Failed :prepareLayer - failed failed in Win32: Incorrect function. (0x1)

Docker build is failing on Windows 10.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362

docker build .

Sending build context to Docker daemon 3.248GB

Step 1/16 : FROM mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019

---> fdf6432edbdc

Step 2/16 : LABEL maintainer *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

---> Running in f8b0c59188bf

hcsshim:Docker Desktop Installation Failed :prepareLayer - failed failed in Win32: Incorrect function. (0x1)

In many forum, it says it could be due to vmcompute.dll or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cbfs4.sys

I don't have cbfs4.sys in my system. Any suggestion?

Raj-O, Aug 16, 2020
  3. docker

how to remove docker from windows 10 completely

I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box and I installed docker so how to remove docker completely and remove dependencies and restore default settings

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Docker Desktop Installation Failed

it doesnt allow docker toolbox to download

I installed docker toolbox to work on my project. It was working fine, until yesterday, when my system received an update.
    As usual it didn't ask, whether to proceed with the update or not. After the update was installed, docker stopped working.
    It says "Looks like something went wrong in step 'Checking status on default' ....Press any key to continue". And when I press enter, docker terminal closes.

Initially, I thought something is wrong with the application itself. So, I tried to re-install it. But it shows the same message again. I tried to download the docker toolbox installation file from docker site itself. But for some reasons, it doesn't even downloads.

Aamir khan, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Docker Desktop Installation Failed

1. Docker Desktop Installation Failed - Similar Threads - Docker Desktop Installation

2. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  3. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  4. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  6. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  7. How to install Zabbix on Windows with Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to install Zabbix on Windows with Docker Desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netvn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u5k3ln/how_to_install_zabbix_on_windows_with_docker/
  8. Sandbox internet connectivity breaks when installing Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandbox internet connectivity breaks when installing Docker Desktop: Hi everyone,I was a happy Sandbox user until this morning when I installed Docker Desktop...after installing it the Sandbox Environement had no more internet connection.I searched online and tried different solutions as explained here for example with no luck.Since Docker...
  9. Docker Desktop for Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Docker Desktop for Windows 10 Home: Hi, Wanted to know how can I install docker and subsequent images on Docker Desktop for Windows 10 Home, on a driverother than the system drive C:\ ? Looking for any advice. Regards, Indrajit Bhattacharya...
  10. docker

in Windows 10 Customization
    docker: how to remove docker from windows 10 completely I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box and I installed docker so how to remove docker completely and remove dependencies and restore default settings...