Windows 10: Docker Win10 Virtualize VPN application

Discus and support Docker Win10 Virtualize VPN application in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, my name is Leonid. I worked much with Docker on Linux, and pretty much loved the way of virtualizing an application process, script,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leonid Orlov, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Docker Win10 Virtualize VPN application

Hi everyone, my name is Leonid.

I worked much with Docker on Linux, and pretty much loved the way of virtualizing an application process, script, daemon instead of an entire OS.

Now I need to virtualize an application, which runs on Windows only. It's a remote access VPN application. What it does on a regular Windows 7/10 machine - it creates a virtual interface, starts its service and establishes a remote access VPN to your corporate or home server. The application has a CLI-version, and it works just perfectly on a regular Windows machine.
    I was told, that an application, which can work on a Windows machine - can surely work under Docker on the same Windows machine.
    But when I tried to launch an MSI of this application in a Docker container mcr.microsoft.com/windows:1903, the installation seems to not start the application's service, and the virtual interface is not created.

Can anyone please say, whether such task should be possible / supported ? I went through some documentation, and this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/windowscontainers/container-networking/architecture
    does not state such limitation, or I'm understanding it not quite correctly.

If this task should be fine, please, recommend a direction, where I should investigate, some generic commands, etc. Thank you!

best wishes, Leonid

:)

Leonid Orlov, Aug 4, 2020

2. docker

how to remove docker from windows 10 completely

I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box and I installed docker so how to remove docker completely and remove dependencies and restore default settings

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Aug 4, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Docker Win10 Virtualize VPN application

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Docker  Win10  Virtualize VPN application :D

P4-630, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Docker Win10 Virtualize VPN application

1. Docker Win10 Virtualize VPN application - Similar Threads - Docker Win10 Virtualize

2. BSOD after activating Virtual Machine Plattform or installing Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after activating Virtual Machine Plattform or installing Docker Desktop: Hey, I reinstalled my Laptop with Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.685 and I want to youse Docker with WSL 2. I activated the Virtual Machine Plattform and after a reboot I get only a Bluescreen. Go back to the last recovering Point works. Then I tried to install Docker...
  3. VPN client with kill switch, as an alternative to the native Win10 VPN?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN client with kill switch, as an alternative to the native Win10 VPN?: Hi all, TL;DR: is there any Win10 VPN client I can use to connect to my home VPN, possibly with kill-switch functionality? I have searched Reddit, but unfortunately all posts either point to VPN providers or to ideas for Torrents. When I am traveling, I usually connect my...
  4. Windows 7 32 bit application on Win 10 docker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 32 bit application on Win 10 docker: Is it possible to create a windows 7 32 bit image and run it on the windows 10 64-bit machine using docker desktop? Do we have any official windows 7 32 bit ready docker base images? Can any one please help. The requirement is to run a windows 7 32 bit Visual basic...
  5. Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machines, VPN, malware, security etc: Hi, I'm just reading about virtual machines and think it can be very useful for web browsers who may choose to frequent the less...salbrious areas of the world wide web. What i wanted to know is it a fool proof way of protecting your host system from rogue applications ?...
  6. Win10 for Virtual Use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 for Virtual Use: I build an MSI from my machine and used it to build a VM to learn on and not break my machine. Since updating my date and time, I now get an "Activate Windows" message. Is there a way to use the same key or a cheaper alternative for VMs?...
  7. Win10 and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  8. docker

in Windows 10 Customization
    docker: how to remove docker from windows 10 completely I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box and I installed docker so how to remove docker completely and remove dependencies and restore default settings...
  9. win10 VPN samba Android

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    win10 VPN samba Android: yo dudes! im so i got a little project going on here and its not going well. I have my win10 pc at home and i want to access my network shared hdd's from my android when im out and about. I am using Total Commander on my Android. I can browse the network shared drives...
  10. Move applications to virtual desktops.

in Windows 10 Support
    Move applications to virtual desktops.: Hi, I was so happy to see virtual desktops on Windows. However, there's one thing I can't figure out: How do I move and application from one desktop to another, and how can I make sure an application always opens on the same virtual desktop? This was easy on Linux, but...