Windows 10: docker

Discus and support docker in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to remove docker from windows 10 completely I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Oct 6, 2019.

1. docker

how to remove docker from windows 10 completely

I cannot able to start virtual box and I didn't seen the warning of docker that disable virtual box and I installed docker so how to remove docker completely and remove dependencies and restore default settings

:)

Ahmed RazaIdrisi, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Docker For Windows : The 'from' Keyword is not supported in this version of language

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to install Docker for Windows on Windows Server 2016 and getting an error while using the FROM command. I suggest you to refer the article

Dockerfile on Windows
    to know more about the syntax of the FROM command.

For additional information you may also refer the article
    Docker Engine on Windows
    to know more about the configuration of Docker in Windows.

For further queries, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on this query to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 6, 2019
  3. it doesnt allow docker toolbox to download

I installed docker toolbox to work on my project. It was working fine, until yesterday, when my system received an update.
    As usual it didn't ask, whether to proceed with the update or not. After the update was installed, docker stopped working.
    It says "Looks like something went wrong in step 'Checking status on default' ....Press any key to continue". And when I press enter, docker terminal closes.

Initially, I thought something is wrong with the application itself. So, I tried to re-install it. But it shows the same message again. I tried to download the docker toolbox installation file from docker site itself. But for some reasons, it doesn't even downloads.

Aamir khan, Oct 6, 2019
  4. docker

Docker For Windows : The 'from' Keyword is not supported in this version of language

actually i was following

Deploying ASP.NET 4.5 to Docker on Windows

and

Migrating Legacy ASP.NET apps to Docker - Wintellect .

I already pulled docker window server image by docker pull mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2016 .

But then using FROM microsoft/windowsservercore RUN dism /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:iis-webserver /NoRestart ,i am getting above error.

I am editing this question :

Actually i was wrong running FROM keyword in powershell.This will be dockerfile.Also when copy above from command in docker file and run *docker build -t windowsserveriis .*, then i am getting ltsc2019: Pulling from windows/servercore

no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.14393 in the manifest list entries error

Again editing :

it is working now.i just change the command from "FROM microsoft/windowsservercore" to "FROM microsoft/aspnet:4.6.2"

tusharsharma3, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

docker

1. docker - Similar Threads - docker

2. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  3. Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome experiences significant delays when launching within a Windows Docker container.: I initiated Chrome with verbose logging activated within a Windows container at 17:41:41. Subsequently, I examined the timestamp of the earliest log entry, which showed 17:41:50. This indicates that Chrome took 9 seconds before generating its initial log line.Further...
  4. Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...: Dear team,I am not able to run docker desktop as a result of following a recommendation on the thread 'BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?'.I am getting this error:...
  5. Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...

Not able to run docker desktop as a result of improper troubleshooting proposed on a thread...: Dear team,I am not able to run docker desktop as a result of following a recommendation on the thread 'BSOD resulting from NETIO driver but whats causing it actually?'.I am getting this error:...
  6. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  7. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop: After installing Docker Desktop the following error appeared. I have deleted this application. Now, some time after the system starts, I get a blue screen CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Dumps are not created because the blue screen freezes completely. help me please....
  8. CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after installing docker desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Docker Engine wont start

Docker Engine wont start: i installed docker on my HYPERV Vitrual Machine no real hardware, but everytime i start docker it trys to boot up the engine but it says that something is wrong with WSL but i have it installed...
  10. Docker Engine wont start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docker Engine wont start: i installed docker on my HYPERV Vitrual Machine no real hardware, but everytime i start docker it trys to boot up the engine but it says that something is wrong with WSL but i have it installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ltsc2019: Pulling from windows/servercore no matching manifest for windows/amd64 10.0.16299 in the manifest list entries