Windows 10: Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen

Discus and support Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello - I would like to dock an app to the top of my laptop screen so that: The app's window is 'always on top' The app's window 'pushes down' the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajpinel82, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ajpinel82 Win User

Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen

Hello - I would like to dock an app to the top of my laptop screen so that:

The app's window is 'always on top'

The app's window 'pushes down' the rest of the desktop downward, so as not to 'block' the visibility/functionality of other apps

For example, the app I would like to dock to the top of my laptop screen is a Thomson Reuters news monitor that outputs major news headlines in real time. I would like to be able to see these headlines as they come through without having to have the app's window opened (i.e., 'always on top'), but at the same time I would not want the news app to block the visibility/functionality of other desktop apps (so in effect I would like the rest of the desktop to be 'pushed down' on the screen).

:)

ajpinel82, Oct 26, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dock function in the On-Screen Keyboard.

Hello Andre,

Thank you for posting you query on Microsoft Community Forums.

The dock option in on-screen keyboard is by design and it is enabled only when you use a touch enabled computer. The dock option works similar to a window which maximizes and you cannot move the particular window around.

When you click on dock option, it switch the on-screen keyboard from fixed to the bottom of the screen with full screen mode.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen - Similar Threads - Docking app top

2. A Black search Tab at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Black search Tab at the top of my screen: Sorry to bother but i need help because my computer has a black search bar in the top of my computer but it isn't like the internet explorer. It does not have anything it just says search the web. i have been trying everything like control panel and searching bing, bar, web...
  3. Top Apps

in Cortana
    Top Apps: How can I edit Top Apps that appear when search is clicked on? At present it shows Kindle and Unistall Kindle, with others I do not use, one is corrupt with missing drivers. What/who decides what is displayed? What is the reason for this feature? Windows 10 version...
  4. Top Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Top Apps: One of my PC's decided to wipe itself a few days ago so I reinstalled the very latest version of Win 10 Home. One thing that interested me was the new search. For me at least all the changes are pointless. It smacks tremendously of a bunch of managers trying to come up...
  5. Laptop with Docking Station and Multiple Monitors - Laptop Screen does not come back after...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with Docking Station and Multiple Monitors - Laptop Screen does not come back after...: When the power - screen timeout is reached all of my screens turn off. This is expected, and I have this enabled even when plugged in so that I can leave my computer on at night (sometimes with a long job running), without creating unnecessary glow in the bedroom or study....
  6. DOCKING

DOCKING: I have somehow created a "docking" situation on my laptop screen. I do NOT want this and don't have a clue how to undo it. Any help anywhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking/9a06e243-c7de-4807-b72f-e051cf48f6e8
  7. The little screen on the top.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The little screen on the top.: How do I get rid of the little duplicate page that shows up on Microsoft Edge. It is on the very top. Closing it closes everything. I am new to Edge and find this so annoying. JoyCr...
  8. Search Bar at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar at the top of my screen: This search bar suddenly appeared on the top of my laptop screen, nothing will make it go away. I have tried looking for the Web Bar thing in the control panel but nothing comes up.... is there any other way to fix this????[ATTACH]...
  9. Tabs at top of screen

Tabs at top of screen: I would like to know how to get the tabs tray, at the top of the screen removed. It takes up the top 3 inches of my screen, leaving me with a small screen. Driving me nuts....
  10. Odd internet tab on the top of my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd internet tab on the top of my screen: Hello, I just downloaded a mod for a game off the internet and after I did I got this sketchy tab at the stop of my screen. I can't find out how to get rid of it and it is kind of annoying. I started up my anti-virus thing and it said that there was nothing found on my...