Windows 10: Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen

Discus and support Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello - I would like to dock an app to the top of my laptop screen so that: The app's window is 'always on top' The app's window 'pushes down' the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajpinel82, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ajpinel82 Win User

Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen

Hello - I would like to dock an app to the top of my laptop screen so that:

The app's window is 'always on top'

The app's window 'pushes down' the rest of the desktop downward, so as not to 'block' the visibility/functionality of other apps

For example, the app I would like to dock to the top of my laptop screen is a Thomson Reuters news monitor that outputs major news headlines in real time. I would like to be able to see these headlines as they come through without having to have the app's window opened (i.e., 'always on top'), but at the same time I would not want the news app to block the visibility/functionality of other desktop apps (so in effect I would like the rest of the desktop to be 'pushed down' on the screen).

:)

ajpinel82, Oct 26, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Dock function in the On-Screen Keyboard.

Hello Andre,

Thank you for posting you query on Microsoft Community Forums.

The dock option in on-screen keyboard is by design and it is enabled only when you use a touch enabled computer. The dock option works similar to a window which maximizes and you cannot move the particular window around.

When you click on dock option, it switch the on-screen keyboard from fixed to the bottom of the screen with full screen mode.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 26, 2019
  4. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Docking an app to the top of my laptop screen - Similar Threads - Docking app top

2. Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not: HiIs it somehow possible to switch the screen resolution automatically on behalf of the laptop is connect to a docking station or not?Thanks in advance !...
  3. Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change screen resolution on laptop screen on behalf of docked or not: HiIs it somehow possible to switch the screen resolution automatically on behalf of the laptop is connect to a docking station or not?Thanks in advance !...
  4. Some Apps Have Top of Screen "Transparent"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Apps Have Top of Screen "Transparent": When I click my cursor on the top row of pixels on screen of some apps example: ifranview, qbittorrent are the ones I am having trouble with right now the window behavior is as if this row is transparent, and the click goes to affect the app behind the one currently in...
  5. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  6. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  7. screen on laptop not fully covers my laptop screen top to bottom is ok, left to right...

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen on laptop not fully covers my laptop screen top to bottom is ok, left to right...: The screen on my laptop missing approximately I inc on right side of The Toshiba laptop it's a black band op and down, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-on-laptop-not-fully-covers-my-laptop-screen/9cdadcca-fce1-4bc6-96b7-6f62735be7e8
  8. There's an overlay of another desktop on top of my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    There's an overlay of another desktop on top of my laptop screen: Like the title says, my laptop has an overlay of basically a screenshot of my desktop. And the screenshot happens to be YouTube on google chrome. The screenshot is like 50% transparency and I can see it constantly no matter what software or games I open. How do I get rid of...
  9. Top Apps

in Cortana
    Top Apps: How can I edit Top Apps that appear when search is clicked on? At present it shows Kindle and Unistall Kindle, with others I do not use, one is corrupt with missing drivers. What/who decides what is displayed? What is the reason for this feature? Windows 10 version...
  10. Top Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Top Apps: One of my PC's decided to wipe itself a few days ago so I reinstalled the very latest version of Win 10 Home. One thing that interested me was the new search. For me at least all the changes are pointless. It smacks tremendously of a bunch of managers trying to come up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application docking at the top of windows