Windows 10: Docking issue?

Discus and support Docking issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last week, I was having issues accessing my OneDrive. I had a computer technician come in and re-image my computer. The technician was able to fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jessica Ibazeta, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Docking issue?

Last week, I was having issues accessing my OneDrive. I had a computer technician come in and re-image my computer. The technician was able to fix the issue of my OneDrive, but what I noticed I had issues with my docking system. We downloaded the display link and that seemed to have worked. What is happening now, when I open any of my Microsoft programs my computer would crash and disconnect my docking system and would stop responding. Did anyone ever had this issue?

:)

Jessica Ibazeta, Aug 26, 2019
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    HDD Docking

Hi Tonyo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?

The computer docking connections located on the bottom of the computer vary between computer models. For the docking station to work properly, the docking posts, eject mechanisms, and electrical connections on the docking station must be compatible
    with the connections on your computer model.

Meanwhile, if the docking station is compatible, you may update the device drivers for your docking station and check if it works.

Update device drivers for docking station:

• Open the PC manufacturer support Web site, search for the
      Docking Station Driver for your PC model.
    • Install the driver suggested and check.

If the issue persists, update the BIOS and try connecting the Docking Station again.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Docking issue?

Keyboard issues?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I see that you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps and I appreciate the efforts that you have taken to resolve the issue. We will try a few troubleshooting steps and see if it helps.

• Is that docking station compatible with the HP laptop?

This issue can occur is some of the docking station drivers are not working as expected.

You may want to update the device drivers for the docking station and check if that helps or makes any difference.

As the laptop is working fine without any issues without the docking station, suggest you to refer to the steps from this HP article to ‘Troubleshooting
    Problems with Docking Stations
    ’.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Docking issue?

1. Docking issue? - Similar Threads - Docking issue

2. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  3. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  4. Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi Team, I am having issue with windows 11 and dell docking station. I have updated the windows and install all the firmware recommended from dell support for the docking station, but still docking station is not detecting the external monitors and not charging the laptop. On...
  5. Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi Team, I am having issue with windows 11 and dell docking station. I have updated the windows and install all the firmware recommended from dell support for the docking station, but still docking station is not detecting the external monitors and not charging the laptop. On...
  6. Issues with OWC USB-C thunderbolt dock crashing laptop whenever connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with OWC USB-C thunderbolt dock crashing laptop whenever connected: Hello, I am trying to connect my MSI Creator Z16 laptop to various audio equipment, HDMI, and keyboard VIA an OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock. Whenever i plug in to the left thunderbolt port on my laptop, it doesn't register any devices being connected, but when i plug in to the right...
  7. Issues with OWC USB-C thunderbolt dock crashing laptop whenever connected

Issues with OWC USB-C thunderbolt dock crashing laptop whenever connected: Hello, I am trying to connect my MSI Creator Z16 laptop to various audio equipment, HDMI, and keyboard VIA an OWC Thunderbolt 2 dock. Whenever i plug in to the left thunderbolt port on my laptop, it doesn't register any devices being connected, but when i plug in to the right...
  8. External drive 4-bay docking station causing keyboard issues when data transferring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive 4-bay docking station causing keyboard issues when data transferring: Hi I've been having some issues with my keyboard that, through my own troubleshooting, have determined that my 4-bay HDD docking station connected via USB is most definitely the culprit.My keyboard behaves strangely, keys repeating and freezing at random, but only when a...
  9. External drive 4-bay docking station causing keyboard issues when data transferring

External drive 4-bay docking station causing keyboard issues when data transferring: Hi I've been having some issues with my keyboard that, through my own troubleshooting, have determined that my 4-bay HDD docking station connected via USB is most definitely the culprit.My keyboard behaves strangely, keys repeating and freezing at random, but only when a...
  10. Windows 11 - Surface Pro 8 + Dock 2 Multiple Monitors Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Surface Pro 8 + Dock 2 Multiple Monitors Issue: Hi,We are having an issue with applications remembering which screen to open up on.For example when the Surface is attached to the Dock we open software, drag it to the external monitor, close it and then reopen the software it will open on the external monitor.We then unplug...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. caldigit ts3 windows drivers