Windows 10: Docking Station

Discus and support Docking Station in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Smith55, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Docking Station

I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop. Is there a way for the windows to go back to their positions they were in before disconnecting from the docking station? Like a setting for the windows in a docked status and a setting for undocked

:)

Tim Smith55, Jun 11, 2022
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Jun 11, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 11, 2022
  4. Docking Station

docking station trouble shoot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To understand the query better, we need few information so that we can check the requirements and provide you the result.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with docking station?
    • Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What is the make and model of the docking station?
    • Are you referring to the USB port present in docking station?

Please provide more information to assist you better.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

Docking Station

1. Docking Station - Similar Threads - Docking Station

2. USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11: I just had an update on my Dell Laptop which now crashes Windows to the blue screen whenever I plug in my docking station in even without anything connected to it. The docking station is this one. This is not happening when I connect my Dell Adapter for HDMI and USB to the...
  3. USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C Docking Station Crashes Windows 11: I just had an update on my Dell Laptop which now crashes Windows to the blue screen whenever I plug in my docking station in even without anything connected to it. The docking station is this one. This is not happening when I connect my Dell Adapter for HDMI and USB to the...
  4. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  5. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  6. Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510

Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510: I recently got a new router and when I plug my ethernet cable into my docking station, it doesn't connect like it used to. When I connect my ethernet directly via my USB-C adapter, it works.I followed the Ethernet connection troubleshooting steps here - making sure that my...
  7. Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510: I recently got a new router and when I plug my ethernet cable into my docking station, it doesn't connect like it used to. When I connect my ethernet directly via my USB-C adapter, it works.I followed the Ethernet connection troubleshooting steps here - making sure that my...
  8. Ethernet does not work with docking station Windows 10 Pro, Dell Precision 5510

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...
  10. USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI

USB C Docking Station HDMI connection not working on my MSI: Hi,I am trying to connect 2 monitors to a MSI modern 14 C12M Computer but I connect a USB c docking station and the usb work correctly but it doesn't detect the hdmi connection.How I solve that?...