Windows 10: " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020

Discus and support " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; 2/2/2021 Hello: That file name, "DOCM", is absolutely NEW TO ME ! If it is not a VIRUS -- as some other sites mention -- HOW DO I OPEN IT? ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by evitane, Feb 2, 2021.

1. evitane Win User

" DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020

2/2/2021

Hello:

That file name, "DOCM", is absolutely NEW TO ME ! If it is not a VIRUS -- as some other sites mention -- HOW DO I OPEN IT? ?

Advanced THANKS for some simple instructions.

Have a week safe from COVID19

GÉC

:)

evitane, Feb 2, 2021
  2. CVHorie Win User

Win10 update (9/10/19) hangs

Saltgrass

Thank you for your sensible suggestion, followed.

The only information I have about the update is the date it arrived, 8/9/19. I am unable to look at the update files.

CVHorie, Feb 2, 2021
  3. marinro Win User
    Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Feb 2, 2021
  4. " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020

Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

" DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020

1. " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020 - Similar Threads - DOCM appended name

2. I have noticed that since the updates on 9/19/2023 my laptop will no longer connect to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have noticed that since the updates on 9/19/2023 my laptop will no longer connect to my...: I have been able to get one monitor to be recognized by the laptop via direct hdmi connection. I have not been able to get my Dell dock to connect by the USB-C connector. Both screens say no signal and if I use a HDMI to USB-C cable directly to the laptop from the single...
  3. I have noticed that since the updates on 9/19/2023 my laptop will no longer connect to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have noticed that since the updates on 9/19/2023 my laptop will no longer connect to my...: I have been able to get one monitor to be recognized by the laptop via direct hdmi connection. I have not been able to get my Dell dock to connect by the USB-C connector. Both screens say no signal and if I use a HDMI to USB-C cable directly to the laptop from the single...
  4. Help Creating "Drag & Drop" .bat file to Append File Names

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Creating "Drag & Drop" .bat file to Append File Names: I have been attempting to come up with a way to be able to drag and drop a file to append 3 letters to it. The issue is that the extent of my programming knowledge lies in VBA and not much else. While I could probably make it work in VBA, I'd prefer to not require the...
  5. i just updated on 9/14/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i just updated on 9/14/19: i cannot access email, calendar, pictures, feedback to Microsoft. I can open the app store, but that has not been any help. I have the latest update (which seems to be the source of the problem) What do i do now????...
  6. Window 10 rebooting after sleep since 9/10/19 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 rebooting after sleep since 9/10/19 update: Does not come out of sleep but reboots automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-rebooting-after-sleep-since-91019-update/1537caa4-52f0-42c3-8296-74c329315ebf
  7. Windows update 8/9/19

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 8/9/19: I had the Windows update yesterday.It said it would take a while and it did..over an hour. When my laptop restarted everything was gone. It was like I had a new laptop Googled how to revert back to the previous version..thankfully it worked Any idea how to do this update...
  8. docm files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    docm files: Some how all my files have been converted to docm files, I dont know how this happened, Is there a way to convert them all back to their original file formats? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docm-files/3b07402e-a123-495d-ad21-f843299144aa"
  9. .DOCM Ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .DOCM Ransomware: A message is displayed in Microsoft word, which indicates "UPDATE AVAILABLE update for office are ready to be installed, but first to close some apps ", after clicking Update now, another window is displayed "the update will be downloaded in the background". After that all...
  10. Works 9 I created a WDB in Works 9.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Works 9 I created a WDB in Works 9.: I opened and closed the file many times using the History feature. Today I figured out how to save as a document in my WPS file. But it won't let me open it. To make things worse I cannot open the file from the History Feature. Any suggestions. As I build the Database again....