Windows 10: docm files

Discus and support docm files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some how all my files have been converted to docm files, I dont know how this happened, Is there a way to convert them all back to their original file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Red FL, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Red FL Win User

docm files

Some how all my files have been converted to docm files, I dont know how this happened, Is there a way to convert them all back to their original file formats?

:)

Red FL, Jun 25, 2019

2. .DOCM Ransomware

Hi Fekri,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

That is a version of Globeimposter 2.0 ransomware. See this thread and the linked support topic.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69965...

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jun 25, 2019
  3. .DOCM Ransomware

A message is displayed in Microsoft word, which indicates "UPDATE AVAILABLE update for office are ready to be installed, but first to close some apps ", after clicking Update now, another window is displayed "the update will be downloaded in the background".
    After that all my file encrypted .DOCM. in this link you will find the encrypted, decrypted file and the readme file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eFarX49ONtzXxiWrlitiLhg3-16m_zRL/view?usp=sharing

docm files 47d7ec86-7bdc-45ec-907a-6361f2499ca0?upload=true.jpg

I have another PC is infected, the yellow massagebar always display despite the last update of Microsoft threat protection is installed. the malware doesn't begin work until we click Update now. is there any update to detect this virus?

fekri_saleh1, Jun 25, 2019
  4. docm files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

docm files

1. docm files - Similar Threads - docm files

2. Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?: I am getting a "Blue Screen of Death" on my Windows 10 computer occasionally. I have a mini dump file from the last time it happened.I was browsing in Firefox, and the computer froze up. 2 minutes or so later, I got the "Blue Screen of Death" error, and it said that the stop...
  3. Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?: I am getting a "Blue Screen of Death" on my Windows 10 computer occasionally. I have a mini dump file from the last time it happened.I was browsing in Firefox, and the computer froze up. 2 minutes or so later, I got the "Blue Screen of Death" error, and it said that the stop...
  4. Can someone please help me interpret my mini dump file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  6. "it appears that we dont support this file format"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "it appears that we dont support this file format": So, i found some CD's with photos taken on camera like 15 years ago and some pics work and i can see them but they mostly dont and it just says "it appears that we dont support this file format" its really important for me to see these pics if you could help me i would be...
  7. " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " DOCM " appended to the name of a document that I created since 9/19 2020: 2/2/2021 Hello: That file name, "DOCM", is absolutely NEW TO ME ! If it is not a VIRUS -- as some other sites mention -- HOW DO I OPEN IT? ? Advanced THANKS for some simple instructions. Have a week safe from COVID19 GÉC...
  8. .DOCM Ransomware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .DOCM Ransomware: A message is displayed in Microsoft word, which indicates "UPDATE AVAILABLE update for office are ready to be installed, but first to close some apps ", after clicking Update now, another window is displayed "the update will be downloaded in the background". After that all...
  9. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  10. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all my files converted to docm

2. every file on my laptop has .DOCM attached