Windows 10: document download paused in Edge and Chrome after Windows 10 update

Discus and support document download paused in Edge and Chrome after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there! After the last two Windows 10 updates that have run on my computer in August and again in early September, I can no longer download documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudyLang1, Sep 15, 2021.

1. JudyLang1 Win User

document download paused in Edge and Chrome after Windows 10 update

Hi there! After the last two Windows 10 updates that have run on my computer in August and again in early September, I can no longer download documents from Chrome or Edge. I have done all the delete cache, browser history, run diagnostics, troubleshooter, uninstall/reinstall chrome including keys more times than I can count. The latter worked once but will no longer work. Getting pretty frustrated. Any tips?

:)

JudyLang1, Sep 15, 2021

2. Video pauses in Netflix app, and Chrome

Thanks for the reply, but you didn't read my entire post.

Video does not just pause in the Netflix for Windows App, it also pauses in Chrome and in Internet Explorer. I have not fully tested Edge yet though. The reason why I was using IE is because the first time I tried to play a video from the Amazon site in the Edge
    browser there was an error.

There are no pauses using Firefox browser.

To be clear, video pauses momentarily in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer (used purely for testing purposes) and the Netflix App. It does not appear to be pausing in Firefox browser. Video can pause on video's being played in Amazon and YouTube. It is
    not an issue that is affecting only the Netflix App.

Is there an updated video driver for the surface 3 that is Windows 10 certified?

Any suggestions??

Obsessive Power, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Can't install Chrome from Edge in Windows 10

After reading several of the posts listed here, I too have been using Edge since updating to Windows 10 and could not download Chrome. So, following one of the suggestions, I went to the start button and opened programs and selected Windows Accessories
    and selected and opened Internet Explorer and searched for Google Chrome download and it installed in less than 3 to 5 minutes max. Not sure why problem in trying to install using Edge but Explorer allowed me to get it down in minutes. Thanks for suggestion.

RickMcKinnie, Sep 15, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download January 3 CU KB4056892 x64 (601.8MB)

Brings system to 16299.192

List of improvements and fixes found here.(page doesn't want to load with IE, for me anyway, works fine with Edge though)

MrGenius, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. document download paused in Edge and Chrome after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - document download paused

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. Cannot attach a .docx document in Chrome/Edge/Outlook - Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot attach a .docx document in Chrome/Edge/Outlook - Windows 10 issue: This is a recurring issue with no solution. I saw several posts with no good answers.I cannot attach a .docx document in any browser Chrome or Edge. Once you click on the file, the Open window freezes. The issue is apparently around a Word process starting when you choose a...
  5. Chrome/Edge account syncing paused.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome/Edge account syncing paused.: I have this issue where every time I restart my PC the account syncing for my Gmail accounts for Chrome and Edge gets paused and I have to manually turn it back on again every time by signing in again. The same thing goes for other applications like Grammarly and OneDrive,...
  6. After Update to 2004 Sync Chrome, Opera and Edge paused after reboot, OneDrive and Teams...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Update to 2004 Sync Chrome, Opera and Edge paused after reboot, OneDrive and Teams...: After upgrading to 2004 I had to sign in again to sync on Chrome, Canary, Opera, Opera Beta and Edge and sign in to OneDrive and Teams. They will then work fine. But when I reboot Sync is paused/stopped on them all and I have to sign in to OneDrive and Teams again. So I...
  7. Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Edge or Chrome after update to Windows 10 2004: I've updated twice to 2004 but have had to roll back to 1903 as both my browsers do not open. Nothing happens when I click on them therefore I cannot access the internet. I'm having to keep pausing the update to 2004. How do I make the browsers open if I update to 2004?...
  8. Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause

Windows 10 Update Downloads Even Though in Pause: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.592 ASUS GL552VW laptop Windows 10 update is downloading some updates even though in pause. Why? ***** Advanced Update Options ***** Pause updates Temporarily pause updates from being installed on this device for up to...
  9. New Edge Browser & Pause Windows Updates

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge Browser & Pause Windows Updates: If I pause Windows Updates for 7 days will it stop the new Chromium based Edge browser from installing this week? I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit v1909. 148328
  10. About pause downloading updates.

About pause downloading updates.: Can I pause the downloading windows 10 may 2019 update????? I didn't have enough data plan today to download. But I started download using windows update.... Can I pause downloading and continue it tomorrow?????...