Windows 10: Document file not responding ?

Discus and support Document file not responding ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open a document file under "Documents" I click to open the file, but it wont open, then the laptop screen fades out and at the top left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DAVIDROMANO2, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Document file not responding ?

When I try to open a document file under "Documents" I click to open the file, but it wont open, then the laptop screen fades out and at the top left hand corner of the page it says " Documents not responding" ? I've just updated my Windows 10 & now the crosses on red round background have disappeared, but still wont open the file ?

:)

DAVIDROMANO2, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 28, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jun 28, 2019
  4. marinro Win User

Document file not responding ?

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Document file not responding ?

1. Document file not responding ? - Similar Threads - Document file responding

2. System "not responding" when accessing documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System "not responding" when accessing documents: Issue of system "not responding" when accessing documents or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-responding-when-accessing-documents/6d87aece-97a9-45d8-88df-aeef8ad05058
  3. System "not responding" when accessing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System "not responding" when accessing documents: Issue of system "not responding" when accessing documents or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-responding-when-accessing-documents/6d87aece-97a9-45d8-88df-aeef8ad05058
  4. Word document will not print, says not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word document will not print, says not responding: I have Windows 10, 64 bit. An automatic update occurred January 13. Now some word documents will not print, saying "not responding. It is not my printer. Driver is most current one. Troubleshooting printer says no problem detected. Other documents will print....
  5. Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents: My friend recently backed up some files with Onedrive. The files that he has backed up are opening in the Onedrive itself but when he's trying to open the original files in the Documents folder, windows explorer stops responding and he has to close the folder. The same is...
  6. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"
  7. Files not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files not responding: I use Windows 10. I have an issue where different files in Word or excel or chrome keeps freezing and it shows not responding again and again. What can be the issue here? It happens even offline. It takes a lot of time to start working again. It freezes at random and...
  8. Particular document is not responding

Particular document is not responding: I’ve faced an issue with a particular document, which is not responding when I click on it. Is it corrupted? What am I supposed to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/particular-document-is-not-responding/15161bf1-0009-49c1-9e73-2ed145b43d44"
  9. Document Not Responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Document Not Responding: What should I do when the document is not responding..? the document is small, only 18k in size.. even my file explorer was like that before when i tried to open a file but now it's fine.. but the document is still not responding.. would this mean that it is corrupted or...
  10. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document: Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document. Please help me and thank...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. document floders not reponding in windows 10