Windows 10: Document files locked.

Discus and support Document files locked. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a CD-R disc with some document files created by me using Word Perfect OfficeX6, and downloaded into my Dell 3670 computer with Win.10. tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lee123-838, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Document files locked.

I have a CD-R disc with some document files created by me using Word Perfect OfficeX6, and downloaded into

my Dell 3670 computer with Win.10. tried to file them under Document. During the process I was asked how to file

by giving me a few choices, Windows Media Player, WordPad, and so on. Unfortunately, I mistakenly selected

" Windows Media Player " resulting in all the files are locked, and could not be opened. I need to know badly how

to get these files opened. Thank you !

:)

Lee123-838, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 19, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Document files locked.

Scanned Documents will not post to file in Windows 10

Hi Dougars,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Next try to scan the documents and check if it shows the same error code.

Please let us know if it’s working.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Document files locked.

1. Document files locked. - Similar Threads - Document files locked

2. Document file not responding ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Document file not responding ?: When I try to open a document file under "Documents" I click to open the file, but it wont open, then the laptop screen fades out and at the top left hand corner of the page it says " Documents not responding" ? I've just updated my Windows 10 & now the crosses on red round...
  3. Lock format in protected document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock format in protected document: I made a form in word, I made it password protected so the verbiage cannot be not changed. I would also like to limit how many characters can be put in an editing box. If too much information is put into the editing box, it moves everything in that row over. I want to lock it...
  4. locked file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locked file: hi**** tried prossexplorer, and it will not let me, HELP, thanks al https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-file/eb987576-b8a6-47f7-bf0a-10210aba6e14"
  5. locked file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    locked file: have a file on appdata, locked can not delete, tried several programs to unlock and delete, will not, can not change anything to delete it, tried cmd, tried different programs all failed, comes up as malware...
  6. Files and documents are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files and documents are missing: I’ve bought a new computer and want to share all my files and documents from the old computer to the new one. I installed Windows 10 on my old computer two years ago. My new computer is HP laptop running Windows 10. My files were on OneDrive and I checked them a couple of...
  7. Locking a Word document. How to?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Locking a Word document. How to?: I am running Office 2016 on my Windows 10 Pro PC and have created a Word document I want to protect. I am the owner of the document and the administrator of the PC. So whats the easiest way to block access to the file? 122728
  8. locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked thum drive doc's/locked word documents: Hello: As the title suggests I am currently suffering from the latest update of Microsoft word. It is now 3:51 in the am and this is when I do most of my work, yet I am currently here and not being productive. This PC is a 10 and running edge which is ok I guess but my...
  9. Scan documents to files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan documents to files.: I am getting an error message when I try to scan a document and create a file. MF Toolbox is being blocked. Says 'Could not write to the file" Is there a way for Windows Defender to scan the HP scanner to see if there is a virus or malware? Yesterday the computer would talk...
  10. Unable to delete locked document

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to delete locked document: Hi, I've been trying to delete this document but I can't seem to. I've tried the multiple ways that I found on the forums but none of them worked for me. I uploaded the document from my Mac and when I did, a 'ds_store' appeared in my files as well and I deleted that, I...