Windows 10: Document folder and automatically created subfolders

Discus and support Document folder and automatically created subfolders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, In my Documents folder, Windows automatically creates a Picture, Music, Videos and Downloads subfolder. I can sometimes delete these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephanieTI, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Document folder and automatically created subfolders

Hi all,

In my Documents folder, Windows automatically creates a Picture, Music, Videos and Downloads subfolder. I can sometimes delete these subfolders and sometimes I can't. However, whether I delete or move the subfolders, Windows will automatically recreate them in the Documents folder every time I log in.

I do not want those subfolders in my Documents folder, as there are already main folders for Pictures, Music, Videos and Downloads. The subfolders only clutter my Document folder. Does anybody know whether this is a setting I can turn off? It is driving me nuts....

Thank you in advance!

:)

StephanieTI, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Got Virus Win User

Prevent Program from Creating Folders in My Documents or Direct Program from Creating Folder in Subfolder of My Documents

I am tired of programs who thinks they are so cool and creating folders in My Documents. I don't want them to create folders in My Documents. If they must create a folder within My Documents. I want them to create folder only within my subfolder in My
    Documents. Is there a way to do this?

Got Virus, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Archive Manager, can't extract without creating subfolder

I am trying to extract an archive which contains an archive split into multiple files and for that I need Archive Manager to extract the first archive not in any subfolders.

I read on the internet that if there is more than one file in the archive Archive Manager will automatically create a subfolder when extracting, now I think that there should certainly be an option for that too but there should not be only this default option available because now I can't extract a few archives without automatically creating subfolders.

I do not want subfolders because then the second archive won't be able to extract contents because the second archive is split into more files (which depend on each other) and now all these files are in its own subfolder instead of the same folder.

I used to this with ease with 7-Zip and Winrar on Windows but in Archive Manager there is no such a choice where you choose yourself whether you want it extracted to subfolder or not in a subfolder.

Uplink10, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Document folder and automatically created subfolders

Folders, Subfolders and files

How do I create a folder, create a subfolder, rename it , drag and drop a document to the subfolder, open a new Word Document.

Samantha Roberson, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Document folder and automatically created subfolders

1. Document folder and automatically created subfolders - Similar Threads - Document folder automatically

2. Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder: I would like to create a trigger that automatically copies the files in Folder A into any newly created sub folder in Folder B. To rephrase, every time I create a subfolder in Folder B, I would like the files from Folder A to automatically be copied/added. Any suggestions are...
  3. Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder: I would like to create a trigger that automatically copies the files in Folder A into any newly created sub folder in Folder B. To rephrase, every time I create a subfolder in Folder B, I would like the files from Folder A to automatically be copied/added. Any suggestions are...
  4. Automatically copy contents from a folder to every newly created subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  6. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  7. MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....: It is about the known problem, but in a different context: it is not possible to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory. The work around has already been described here. I have the problem with a JavaApp: all attempts to create a subdirectory in the...
  8. Anyone know how to automatically create subfolders for new folders in a certain folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to automatically create subfolders for new folders in a certain folder?: The title might be a bit hard to understand, but I was wondering if there is a way to automatically create subfolders when you create a new folder. For example, if I have a folder for Projects, and I create a new folder in it called project1, I want that folder to...
  9. Folders automatically creating

Folders automatically creating: its been a month that i see around 100 new folders with 2words names like "fd, ff, da, 22, 53 and..." being created automatically on my E drive, everytime i delete those, they will be back few hours later, i have Scanned the whole PC with avast premium security but there was...
  10. How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop OneDrive automatically creating new Documents folder: We have upgraded two PCs and a laptop to Windows 10 and use OneDrive to synchronise certain folders between them all. It seemed to work fine under windows 7. However, under Windows 10, OneDrive insists on creating a new Documents folder under OneDrive - both online and on the...