Windows 10: Document folder is showing twice.

Discus and support Document folder is showing twice. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I tried googling how to fix but the problem still persists. Any idea how to fix it? I'm sorry if this is not the sub for this but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KnowledgeFire11, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 13, 2020
  2. kma54 Win User
    windows 10 folder documents show as empty!

In my folders the documents are listed as empty - please help with steps to change the way they are opened?

kma54, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Document folder is showing twice.

Wrong Documents folder

Is there a separate Documents folder showing when you scroll the File Explorer up? Below is a screenshot of how it should look like.

Document folder is showing twice. 33ce5810-6dc9-4ee8-947c-a298fbdf9736.jpg

If there is a Document folder showing and it points to OneDrive, we suggest you perform the following:

• Right-click on the Documents folder, and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab.
    • Change the location where files in that folder are stored by removing the
      \OneDrive

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Document folder is showing twice.

1. Document folder is showing twice. - Similar Threads - Document folder showing

2. sharing folders twice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sharing folders twice: HelloI had trouble sharing a folder big one in the network so that I can open it in my other laptop. So I tried several sharing in different names. The result is that I have many versions, of the same folder.How can I "delete" all the versions except one? When I open property...
  3. sharing folders twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing folders twice: HelloI had trouble sharing a folder big one in the network so that I can open it in my other laptop. So I tried several sharing in different names. The result is that I have many versions, of the same folder.How can I "delete" all the versions except one? When I open property...
  4. sharing folders twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is no files are showing in document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no files are showing in document folder: After an undate files are not showing in document folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-files-are-showing-in-document-folder/df2a9a71-108b-46ca-ae60-89e022bed490
  6. There is no files are showing in document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no files are showing in document folder: After an undate files are not showing in document folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-files-are-showing-in-document-folder/df2a9a71-108b-46ca-ae60-89e022bed490
  7. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  8. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  9. Showing Documents folder name in backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Showing Documents folder name in backup: I am running the Cobian backup program. I set it to back up the Documents directory. It give it a file name "Documents 2017-06-04 15;42;51 (Full)" which appears that way when looked at through Powershell and through alternative file managers. [img] Powershell...
  10. Folders displaying twice

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders displaying twice: Every window I open, along the left side, under "Quick access", there's a long long list of different places, folders etc. Is there any way to trim this list? In particular, for some reason C drive, as well as any attached external drives, show up twice each. There doesn't...