Windows 10: Document Folder Not Saving

Discus and support Document Folder Not Saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey everyone. If you got problem like your game can't make new folder in document's i find a quick fix. Right click documents destination and just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TenMartiin, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Document Folder Not Saving

Hey everyone.

If you got problem like your game can't make new folder in document's i find a quick fix.

Right click documents

destination

and just destination of the folder

Fixed :

:)

TenMartiin, Jun 19, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 19, 2020
  3. BobZolto Win User
    Unable to Save to Documents Folder

I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under security, it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the security tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to
    save, copy and move to those folders. My account is listed in C:/Windows/Users/myname/Documents under the security tab. How do I add my name to the Documents folder in File Explorer?

BobZolto, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Document Folder Not Saving

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Document Folder Not Saving

1. Document Folder Not Saving - Similar Threads - Document Folder Saving

2. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  3. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  4. Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Inkscape is saving to OneDrive folder and not Documents: When I go to export a PNG to This PC -> Documents Inkscape is saving to OneDrive/Documents instead. I don't have OneDrive installed. I don't want to have anything to do with OneDrive. 174830
  5. Where is my 'documents' folder saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is my 'documents' folder saved?: On file explorer my 'documents' folder doesn't seem to be in Windows C: or Data D:, it looks like it's separate from both. Also when I look at both disks with TreeSize it shows no evidence of a documents folder, but when I view storage via the computer's settings it says...
  6. Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suddenly unable to save files into Documents folder: Recently, some of the applications on my computer are unable to save files to folders in the Documents directory. It started with Notepad and Paint. Now I can't create and save in Paint 3D either. I was successfully using the Snipping Tool to copy and save images from those...
  7. Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save anything to Document folder and sub folder: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro using the method outlined here. Basically I used an ISO which I made via a download from MS. Now I am unable to save any kind of file to my Document folder or sub-folder. I get access denied. Looks like MS lied again. This method was to save...
  8. Saving email to document folder

in Browsers and Email
    Saving email to document folder: Is there a way to do this in Windows 10 mail like in Windows Essentials 2012? i.e. right click and save to documents or desktop etc.. 25601
  9. Question about saving to Documents and other folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about saving to Documents and other folders: Upgraded last night and am slowly working through minor issues. One thing that's confusing me - my username is supposed to be in the Administrator group on my computer, but my settings seem to be connected to the Home User group instead. I first discovered this when I...
  10. Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save a PDF document to a specified folder.: Hello everyone. New to the forum. I have recently downloaded Windows 10. My clients will send me a PDF document, and up until now I have been saving them to a specified folder. Now when I try to save it says something like "you do not have permission, contact administrator" I...