Windows 10: Document frozen suspect OneDrive

Discus and support Document frozen suspect OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am new here and made the huge error of getting OneDrive. I feel as though my computer has been ambushed! I actually bought a new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simone58, Oct 18, 2016.

1. simone58 Win User

Document frozen suspect OneDrive

Hi,
    I am new here and made the huge error of getting OneDrive. I feel as though my computer has been ambushed!

I actually bought a new computer and did not set it up on it but made the error of trying to send an email using a Microsoft user account. OneDrive found me again!

Today, I wrote a text and it appears to be frozen. I can't edit it and the letters appear grey instead of black. Can anyone help me crack into my own document?

Many thanks!

:)

simone58, Oct 18, 2016

2. Why does My Win 10 have three Desktop folders?

I read through the thread but did not find a complete answer to the question.

I think I understand the Quick Access folder; I trust its usefulness will become more apparent as I do more things. Beyond that, there are far too many folders with the same names. If some of them merely point to others, why have them?

• OneDrive has a documents folder. If all it shows is what's on OneDrive, that makes sense.
    • ThisPC has a documents folder. Some files shown here are, apparently, both on this PC and on OneDrive.
    • At one time, I saw a folder that had my name in it, but it's gone now, not sure where it went. I believe it also had its own documents folder.
    • Then there's the Libraries folder. It has a documents folder, and that folder has two folders named documents.
    There may be some esoteric reason this makes sense to a programmer, and I suspect it might make sense in some settings, but for those who have a basic setup, i.e., one computer, with or without OneDrive, why not eliminate the redundancies?

Sheldon Wolfe, Oct 18, 2016
  3. Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

OK. Followed instructions best I could.

1. I exited OneDrive by following Step 1 above. I right-clicked on I think Microsoft OneDrive and clicked on End Task. Good.

2. I started to do Step 2 but as I was looking in System Tray I saw OneDrive icon disappear. I suspect that is because of what I did in Step 1. As a result I believe Step 2 is not necessary because the computer did it itself. I opened up File Explorer and
    confirmed I still had multiple Document folder on the left pane under "This PC".

3. Now I need to copy the "Documents" folder. Which one? I have two?

C:\Users\Grant\Documents - this one is empty.

C:\Users\Grant\OneDrive\Documents - this is the one I believe you want me to back up. It contains everything that Microsoft OneDrive has stored on the cloud.

So I copied the contents of C:\Users\Grant\OneDrive\Documents to C:\Users\Grant\Temp Documents. I closed and then reopened File Explorer and I no longer have multiple Document folders under "This PC". Remember the problem I originally had was multiple Document
    folders under "This PC" intermittently. As a result I can't delete the multiple Document folders because they currently don't exist. I guess I will maintain current configuration for a while to see if they show up. Meanwhile I have a duplicate of my OneDrive
    files and OneDrive is turned off.

Attached is an image of File Explorer showing the problem of multiple Document folders under This PC.
    Document frozen suspect OneDrive [​IMG]

Grant Klokeid, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

Document frozen suspect OneDrive

1. Document frozen suspect OneDrive - Similar Threads - Document frozen suspect

2. difference in onedrive documents and office live documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    difference in onedrive documents and office live documents: Been using Office 365 for years. also using win10home. What is the difference in "OneDrive Documents" and "office live documents"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-in-onedrive-documents-and-office-live/cc1f969f-c535-4a02-8cfa-c92be6adaa5e"
  3. Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC

Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC: I am setting up a new installation of Windows 10 Pro v.1809. When I opened Windows Explorer, under This PC, the usual Documents folder has been replaced by OneDrive Documents. I have not done anything to cause this - it was somehow a result of the installation. Below is...
  4. OneDrive and my Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive and my Documents: I am trying to keep my document locally on my PC, but their set to be stored on the OneDrive. When I right click [Document] from [File Explorer], and look at [Documents] [Properties], the [Location] is C:\Users\terry\OneDrive\Document. I do not want [Document] on the...
  5. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

Viewing documents stored on OneDrive: When I want to open & view one, particular document that is stored in OneDrive, must I download it first? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Documents acts as default directory for Documents.: Hi, everyone. I've trying out the new preview, 10240. Everything works fine except for the default documents folder (and the same for Images). As my screenshots reveal, by default the documents and images folder are the ones with OneDrive. (My system is in Spanish, but it...
  7. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  8. Document Link and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Link and OneDrive: The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan 8873
  9. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...
  10. User default document in onedrive

in Windows 10 Support
    User default document in onedrive: Hi, I just completed a brand new windows 10 installation from CD. *Smile Every thing go ok. The only problem I have is that one : When I install applications (let say for exemple Magix video), the "magix specific" folders are created in the folder onedrive/documents...