Windows 10: Document Link and OneDrive

Discus and support Document Link and OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlanWade, Jul 23, 2015.

1. AlanWade Win User

Document Link and OneDrive

The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's?

Thanks

alan

:)

AlanWade, Jul 23, 2015

2. Lenovo yoga 710 crashes randomly

Sorry, the Onedrive link just pointed to a Onedrive Document of Getting started.

Please share the minidump again.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 23, 2015
  3. Multiple email attachments

Only multiple pictures can be shared via email. If you want send multiple documents, the only option I know is to put all those documents on OneDrive, then share a link to that OneDrive folder.

Jay_answers, Jul 23, 2015
  4. Document Link and OneDrive

I don't have a working 10 at the moment

But have a look in Settings app under Onedrive, option something like 'Save Files to Onedrive as Default', turning this off should put local storage back

Changed a bit since I last looked, have a look here
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  5. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion Paul but it didnt work for me.

AlanWade, Jul 23, 2015
  6. paulsalter, Jul 23, 2015
  7. AlanWade Win User
    Thanks Paul, I moved the Document folder inside OneDrive and that did the trick.

Thanks again for your advice.

AlanWade, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Document Link and OneDrive

1. Document Link and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Document Link OneDrive

2. Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder: This is absolutely driving me nuts.I have a link to the local Documents folder because Onedrive slows down everything I do locally to a crawl. The path is simply this:%USERPROFILE%\DocumentsIt should point to C:\Users\username\DocumentsBut when I double click the link which I...
  3. Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder: This is absolutely driving me nuts.I have a link to the local Documents folder because Onedrive slows down everything I do locally to a crawl. The path is simply this:%USERPROFILE%\DocumentsIt should point to C:\Users\username\DocumentsBut when I double click the link which I...
  4. Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  6. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  7. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Onedrive documents

Onedrive documents: I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for...
  9. OneDrive links !

OneDrive links !: Could someone put my mind at rest by answering this question. I do a lot of video presentations and PowerPoint slide shows, I normally save to Mp4 and copy into OneDrive. The reason I use OneDrive is that the presentations are quite large and exceed the 25 Mb max allowed on...
  10. OneDrive Links

OneDrive Links: Good day I have only 5GB sharing space on my account its free. If I delete some of the folders that I have shared I need space, and that person has not downloaded the files already, will he still be able to use that link? Common sense tells me no, but I just want to...