Windows 10: Document Not Responding

Discus and support Document Not Responding in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What should I do when the document is not responding..? the document is small, only 18k in size.. even my file explorer was like that before when i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Juvyann Rape, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Document Not Responding

What should I do when the document is not responding..? the document is small, only 18k in size.. even my file explorer was like that before when i tried to open a file but now it's fine.. but the document is still not responding.. would this mean that it is corrupted or something..?please help..

:)

Juvyann Rape, Jan 11, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Document Not Responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 11, 2019
  4. marinro Win User

Document Not Responding

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Document Not Responding

1. Document Not Responding - Similar Threads - Document Responding

2. Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad: I bought an iPad pro 2017 to make notes and write while on the go. But whenever I try to save a document to google drive - for which I spend £2.49 every month for 200GB, it comes up with the message “sorry something went wrong and this file can’t open”. Its very frustrating,...
  3. i dont know how to email documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    i dont know how to email documents: I don't know how to email documents could you tell me how to do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-email-documents/610ee021-2ebe-4709-8696-8b983019ec97
  4. Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.

Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.: I've been trying to move my videos folder and documents folder to my other drive and I mistakenly forgot to give them folder locations so they were put in the location E: instead of a folder inside of my E: drive. I fixed the issue mostly other than I have 2 folders named...
  5. OneDrive subfolder within My Documents folder with same files again.

OneDrive subfolder within My Documents folder with same files again.: File Explorer tree shows blue OneDrive folder w/ std folders; Downloads, My Documents, Pictures, etc. However, within My Document folder there is ANOTHER OneDrive folder w/ what appears many of the same files. Comparing the hundreds of folders would take forever. What's...
  6. ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS: ERROR 0X80028CA0 WHEN MAKING BACKUP COPY OF LIBRARY HOLDING PICTURES, DOCUMENTS???? WHY????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80028ca0-when-making-backup-copy-of/c9e6b69c-5979-43e7-b4a3-12e95885d6a7
  7. Files Explorer does not locate documents by the words in them

Files Explorer does not locate documents by the words in them: Sir/Madam, My Files Explorer has stopped reading documents to locate content word in them, which is essential for my work. It locates files until a certain date, which is about July last year and the new files are not read. I have many Word files which I need to locate...
  8. Moving my Documents folder

Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  9. Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update.: Office 365 will not open documents with a double-click after a recent update. It is inconvenient to open Word and search for a file. Is there a solution?...
  10. File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document

File Explorer not responding when I try or after opening document: Hello, I just bought a new notebook but after a week problem arise. Whenever I open document from File Explorer it became not responding. It happen when I tried and after opening document. I need to restart Explorer when I want to open document. Please help me and thank...