Windows 10: Document Not Responding

Discus and support Document Not Responding in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What should I do when the document is not responding..? the document is small, only 18k in size.. even my file explorer was like that before when i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Juvyann Rape, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Document Not Responding

What should I do when the document is not responding..? the document is small, only 18k in size.. even my file explorer was like that before when i tried to open a file but now it's fine.. but the document is still not responding.. would this mean that it is corrupted or something..?please help..

:)

Juvyann Rape, Jan 11, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Document Not Responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 11, 2019
  4. marinro Win User

Document Not Responding

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Document Not Responding

1. Document Not Responding - Similar Threads - Document Responding

2. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  3. Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft word "not responding" when I "save" a word document.: Recently when using word I have been unable to save any of my new inputs to a document. I have been using this document for days, and it was all working fine even earlier today.When I click "save" the cursor switches to the "loading hourglass" and stays like that with nothing...
  4. System "not responding" when accessing documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System "not responding" when accessing documents: Issue of system "not responding" when accessing documents or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-responding-when-accessing-documents/6d87aece-97a9-45d8-88df-aeef8ad05058
  5. System "not responding" when accessing documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System "not responding" when accessing documents: Issue of system "not responding" when accessing documents or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-not-responding-when-accessing-documents/6d87aece-97a9-45d8-88df-aeef8ad05058
  6. My this PC Documents Folder is not responding. how can I fix ir?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My this PC Documents Folder is not responding. how can I fix ir?: My this PC Documents Folder is not responding. how can I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-this-pc-documents-folder-is-not-responding-how/0cd6375a-a19c-4b53-b6f0-974a935e27bf
  7. Word document will not print, says not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Word document will not print, says not responding: I have Windows 10, 64 bit. An automatic update occurred January 13. Now some word documents will not print, saying "not responding. It is not my printer. Driver is most current one. Troubleshooting printer says no problem detected. Other documents will print....
  8. Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer "Not Responding" after Opening Word 2007 Document: I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 2004, Build 19041.508. A few weeks ago and out of the blue, Windows Explorer began "not responding" when I attempted to open a Word 2007 .docx file. When I click on the .docx file and then immediately attempt to switch to Explorer, I...
  9. Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Stops Responding when opening a file in Documents: My friend recently backed up some files with Onedrive. The files that he has backed up are opening in the Onedrive itself but when he's trying to open the original files in the Documents folder, windows explorer stops responding and he has to close the folder. The same is...
  10. File explorer unable to open word documents not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer unable to open word documents not responding: File Explorer is unable open Word documents - not responding message and forced to end task https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-unable-to-open-word-documents-not/df30e972-dcd2-4892-9a3e-8453dadc2b50"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. documents not responding windows 10

2. microsoft documents not responding

3. documents not responding

4. cant open document not responding