Windows 10: Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective

Discus and support Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Does OneDrive treat the files contained in a 'document' or 'photo' folder differently. I.e 'reading' the text and extracting this as part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by btnboy, May 7, 2020.

1. btnboy Win User

Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective

Hi all,

Does OneDrive treat the files contained in a 'document' or 'photo' folder differently. I.e 'reading' the text and extracting this as part of the file attributes or assignment or non assignment of tags or anything else like this.

:)

btnboy, May 7, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 7, 2020
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 7, 2020
  4. Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective

how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective

1. Document & Photos Folders - Key differences from a user functionality perspective - Similar Threads - Document Photos Folders

2. Why forcing Edge on users puts many in danger--a different perspective.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why forcing Edge on users puts many in danger--a different perspective.: I wrote this feedback to send to Microsoft, as this has been a concern of mine for a long time, and it affects me deeply. Despite the time I spent on it, the character limit on every mode of correspondence to Microsoft wouldn't allow me to share my thoughts where I was...
  3. Why forcing Edge on users puts many in danger--a different perspective.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why forcing Edge on users puts many in danger--a different perspective.: I wrote this feedback to send to Microsoft, as this has been a concern of mine for a long time, and it affects me deeply. Despite the time I spent on it, the character limit on every mode of correspondence to Microsoft wouldn't allow me to share my thoughts where I was...
  4. How to unmerge documents folder from User/Win10 folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to unmerge documents folder from User/Win10 folder?: I was moving around my documents folder and I accidentally merged my User/Win10 with the documents folder And when I try to move the Documents folder It says that I cant redirect a parent into a child Can you please help me I really don't understand much from this. I want the...
  5. How to unmerge documents folder from User/Win10 folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unmerge documents folder from User/Win10 folder?: I was moving around my documents folder and I accidentally merged my User/Win10 with the documents folder And when I try to move the Documents folder It says that I cant redirect a parent into a child Can you please help me I really don't understand much from this. I want the...
  6. How to unmerge documents folder from User/Win10 folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Documents folder transform into user folder

Documents folder transform into user folder: Hello, good morning everyone! I was changing the default locations of the main folders "Documents", "Photos", "Videos", etc. When I went to change the location of the Documents folder back to my Windows 10 user folder C:/Users. When suddenly the "Documents" folder was hosted...
  8. Documents folder transform into user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder transform into user folder: Hello, good morning everyone! I was changing the default locations of the main folders "Documents", "Photos", "Videos", etc. When I went to change the location of the Documents folder back to my Windows 10 user folder C:/Users. When suddenly the "Documents" folder was hosted...
  9. Confused by different document folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Confused by different document folders: Hi, What is the difference between the document folder with a beige folder icon and the one with a page with a large 'A' and lines? Which one should I use to save my documents? Thanks, Candice document icon image.pdf Windows 10 Home, Version -10.0.19041 Build 19041 171987
  10. Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user

Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user: Windows 10: Documents folder in This PC is different from Documents folder in C:\user Among the above two options, what is Microsoft's intended and recommended path for savings one's documents for proper functioning including syncing with OneDrive?...