Windows 10: Document Recovery

Discus and support Document Recovery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to recover a document. Unfortunately, I have not worked on this document in a little while, so it is not in my most recent section.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rosebloome, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Document Recovery

Hello, I am trying to recover a document. Unfortunately, I have not worked on this document in a little while, so it is not in my most recent section. It was a precious story I was writing and I wanted to finally get back to it. I do not remember the file name but I believe it was lost after an update of my Windows 10. I have do not have it stored anywhere else. Is there any way to get it back?

:)

Rosebloome, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Nick Dich Win User

Word Document Recovery Not Working

Hi Marisa,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can further assist you with your concern:

• What version of Microsoft Word are you using?
    • Was recovery option working before?
    • Have you done any changes on your document before this issue started to happen?
    • Have you done any updates on your computer prior to this?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Dec 19, 2018
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144395

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Document Recovery

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Document Recovery

1. Document Recovery - Similar Threads - Document Recovery

2. unsaved document recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unsaved document recovery?: Hello,my friend is trying to get an unsaved document on Microsoft word on her MacBook. Her laptop restarted randomly and the 10 pages of writing she had, all gone. Anything from after nov 29th is gone....
  3. unsaved document recovery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unsaved document recovery?: Hello,my friend is trying to get an unsaved document on Microsoft word on her MacBook. Her laptop restarted randomly and the 10 pages of writing she had, all gone. Anything from after nov 29th is gone....
  4. unsaved document recovery?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I exited from the document recovery pop up by accident, as i hadn't realised i had lost...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I exited from the document recovery pop up by accident, as i hadn't realised i had lost...: I have tried file history, back up files, and searching for the windows documents usingC:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Is there anyway i can get i my work back? All i have is the file saved before i continued working on it. So i have lost around 1,000 words...
  6. I exited from the document recovery pop up by accident, as i hadn't realised i had lost...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I exited from the document recovery pop up by accident, as i hadn't realised i had lost...: I have tried file history, back up files, and searching for the windows documents usingC:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Is there anyway i can get i my work back? All i have is the file saved before i continued working on it. So i have lost around 1,000 words...
  7. System Documents folder is recovery

System Documents folder is recovery: I was trying to change the location of My Documents folder to the Local E: drive but after relocating it, I can't find it or my User folder. I tried to restore it back to its default location but the folder now appears as the Local E drive folder and not as Documents. All of...
  8. Data Recovery - Word Document Recovered, But Text Illegible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Recovery - Word Document Recovered, But Text Illegible: Hello and thank you in advance for any help and direction. Objective: I need to recover the content of a word document. Backstory: My Mom's laptop is dysfunctional and basically it rebooted and her Windows 10 looked like a new install and all her folders were cleaned-out, and...
  9. Document Recovery

Document Recovery: How do I recover docs that were deleted from Downloads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-recovery/ed35c7de-f721-4eea-91bf-a936d9d50652
  10. Microsoft’s new Windows File Recovery tool lets you retrieve deleted documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft’s new Windows File Recovery tool lets you retrieve deleted documents: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/stackbased [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjc0pa/microsofts_new_windows_file_recovery_tool_lets/