Windows 10: DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK

Discus and support DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't share documents on our network connected by wifi. What should be done to fix this? I can only share multimedia files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tjmom, Oct 22, 2018.

1. tjmom Win User

DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK

I can't share documents on our network connected by wifi. What should be done to fix this?
    I can only share multimedia files.

:)

tjmom, Oct 22, 2018
  2. sinplify Win User

Only 1 WiFi network

My network list on my phone:

DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK [​IMG]

My windows network list:

sinplify, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Sharing over WiFi

Alright, here goes:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change Connection Status
    2. Make sure your network is set to Private
    3. Also make sure you have NOT made the connection Metered
    4. Next navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center
    5. This will open up Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Network and Sharing Center
    6. Click Change Advanced Sharing Settings and under Private set Turn on Network Discovery and check the box Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices(optional)
    7. Turn on File and Printer Sharing
    8. On Guest or Public have everything turned OFF
    9. Under All networks turn off Public folder sharing, select Use 128-bit encryption and Turn on password protected sharing if you want to have added security, else turn it off and everybody should have access to all your shares without any passed user credentials.

If you choose to use password protected sharing, then there are additional steps to take. Please let me know and we continue this further.

Here are a few screenshots:

slicendice, Oct 22, 2018
  4. DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK

1. DOCUMENT SHARING ON A WIFI NETWORK - Similar Threads - DOCUMENT SHARING WIFI

2. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network/wifi sharing: I'm trying to share wifi network from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc but I don't know how I could go about that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwifi-sharing/21a9c658-b418-4b21-87f2-ed6f2e09f9e8
  3. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network/wifi sharing: I'm trying to share wifi network from a windows 11 laptop to a windows 10 pc but I don't know how I could go about that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networkwifi-sharing/21a9c658-b418-4b21-87f2-ed6f2e09f9e8
  4. Network/wifi sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi Network Sharing Windows8.1/Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Network Sharing Windows8.1/Windows10: I have 2 PCs running Windows 8.1 and a Laptop running Windows 10 operating in a Homegroup on WIFI. No problem between the first PC and the Laptop and the Laptop can see shared files on the second PC but the second PC cannot see shared files on the Laptop. On the second PC,...
  6. WiFi Network Sharing Windows8.1/Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Network Sharing Windows8.1/Windows10: I have 2 PCs running Windows 8.1 and a Laptop running Windows 10 operating in a Homegroup on WIFI. No problem between the first PC and the Laptop and the Laptop can see shared files on the second PC but the second PC cannot see shared files on the Laptop. On the second PC,...
  7. Document Folders Sharing

Document Folders Sharing: Can 2 windows PCs share Document folders which are on a remote drive. And when I say shared, I mean both PC's moving the location of the document folders to the same remote folder. Both PC's are logged in with the same MS user account. I already do it this way with one PC and...
  8. Document Folders Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document Folders Sharing: Can 2 windows PCs share Document folders which are on a remote drive. And when I say shared, I mean both PC's moving the location of the document folders to the same remote folder. Both PC's are logged in with the same MS user account. I already do it this way with one PC and...
  9. Sharing scanned document

in Cortana
    Sharing scanned document: I'm unable to share a scanned document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-scanned-document/2a1186ef-0a8d-41f1-ba95-c1cf345f07c2
  10. Users Cannot open documents from Network share

Users Cannot open documents from Network share: Server is SBS2011 There are several shares on the server where a handful of users can see the files, but when attempting to open the files get an error: "Sorry, we couldn't find the (path of file). It is possible it was moved, renamed or deleted. " [ATTACH] The share...