Windows 10: Document which needs to remain in a shared drive keeps moving to OneDrive

Discus and support Document which needs to remain in a shared drive keeps moving to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apologies beforehand if this is a stupid question but . . . I had been working on a large spreadsheet saved in a shared drive at work. Offices at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Enni H, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Enni H Win User

Document which needs to remain in a shared drive keeps moving to OneDrive

Apologies beforehand if this is a stupid question but . . . I had been working on a large spreadsheet saved in a shared drive at work. Offices at different locations also require access to this document. I had opened the file from the shared folder we all have access to. I had not "saved as" to move it into OneDrive, or dragged and dropped it to another location. I had simply opened the document from the shared drive, edited and saved as I went along. However, on closing the document down it seems that at some point it had moved itself into OneDrive and disappeared from the shared drive, meaning nobody else could access it. This has happened twice. How has it happened and how do I stop it from happening again? Is there a simple answer? Thank you.

:)

Enni H, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Move Library Folders to OneDrive

I seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the process to move folders to OneDrive.

I've followed all the directions that I've found and can't seem to get the locations moved.

When I attempt to select a new location it simply keeps coming back to the "New Location" prompt.

I'm trying to move Documents, Downloads, Music... etc. to My OneDrive folder, which is on a different physical drive. Just need a simple step-by-step lol

Thanks,

TheOldPuterMan

The Old Puter Man, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Document which needs to remain in a shared drive keeps moving to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Document needs remain

2. Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive: Hello, My computer had a 128 GB drive C: and I just added a new larger drive D:. On that first drive C: I have the operating system, programs and files. To save space and keep a backup, I have all my files My Documents, Desktop synced with One Drive. My intention is to move...
  3. Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move "My Documents" to new drive, keep it synced with One Drive: Hello, My computer had a 128 GB drive C: and I just added a new larger drive D:. On that first drive C: I have the operating system, programs and files. To save space and keep a backup, I have all my files My Documents, Desktop synced with One Drive. My intention is to move...
  4. How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?: I discovered this problem because of a game I have. I wanted to add a mod, but when I went to look for the documents folder in "this pc-windows C:- users - [my user]", but the correct one is not there. In [my user] should be a documents file with all my folders/files, but it...
  5. How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?

How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?: I discovered this problem because of a game I have. I wanted to add a mod, but when I went to look for the documents folder in "this pc-windows C:- users - [my user]", but the correct one is not there. In [my user] should be a documents file with all my folders/files, but it...
  6. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  7. Onedrive Documents folder moved

Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  8. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  9. Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local: I bought a new PC with Windows 10. It is saving all files, including user application files, to Documents in OneDrive. This is a disaster as applications produce trainloads of user files that OneDrive then dutifully attempts to upload. The Documents folder on "This PC" is...
  10. Move OneDrive to another drive?

Move OneDrive to another drive?: I have bought a pc with a 64GB eMMC drive but have OneDrive set up to keep files (mostly photos) locally as well as on the Cloud, which uses a lot of disk space. Can I just move the OneDrive folder to an installed 128GB SD card?...