Windows 10: Document

Discus and support Document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally saved a document with the same name of another one and lost the old document, how can I retrieve it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aitanagal, Mar 17, 2020.

1. aitanagal Win User

Document

I accidentally saved a document with the same name of another one and lost the old document, how can I retrieve it?

:)

aitanagal, Mar 17, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 17, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Document

Documents Destination

The next troubleshooting step we suggest is to restore the default location of the folders. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Choose File Explorer.

• Type shell:UsersFilesFolder in the address bar.

Document d9ffeca6-0604-494d-9388-070cdb9a5eeb.png

• Right-click the Documents folder.

• Click the Location tab.

• Click Restore Default.

• Click OK.

Follow the same steps to restore the default location for your Pictures folder.

Give these steps a shot and check if the folders are unlinked from OneDrive.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Document

1. Document - Similar Threads - Document

2. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  3. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  4. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  5. Double click does not open documents

Double click does not open documents: I have Version 22H2OSBuild 19045.4170 when I double click my documents no longer open up. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-does-not-open-documents/890ff505-0c0a-4811-a25b-4ada9432051d
  6. Double click does not open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  8. How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use old notepad and restore "New > Text Document" button?: Ok, here's the situation. I use Windows 11 and I've been trying to restore the old notepad because I like how it's more simple and opens faster than the new one. Eventually I found out that you can just uninstall Notepad through the start menu and Windows will open .txt files...
  9. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...
  10. Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Certification Exam : I don't have Last Name in any of my official documents. what...: My name is Shraddha, I will be attending Microsoft certification exam soon, As last name is mandatory I have entered my father's name though in official ID his name is not present, will this effect me during my exam process. I tried entering _,"." , "-" and "_" in the last...