Windows 10: Documents and Desktop got scrambled

Discus and support Documents and Desktop got scrambled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So if i rightclick the desktop folder in the file explorer it shows the properties for the desktop folder. Then if i put a file in my desktop it also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JustineGuillermo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Documents and Desktop got scrambled

So if i rightclick the desktop folder in the file explorer it shows the properties for the desktop folder. Then if i put a file in my desktop it also shows in my documents folder pls help idk how to fix this

:)

JustineGuillermo, Jul 12, 2020

2. Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10

Copied documents from desktop computer (which was VISTA) to DVD, then loaded to laptop (which is Win 10). When documents are opened, they are scrambled. Is there someway to reformat the files to get them to be readable?

DonaldDrewry1, Jul 12, 2020
  3. How do I unscramble a notepad document listed as a "wps" file scrambled in both notepad and wordpad.

How do I unscramble a document listed as a "wps" file. Scrambled in both note-pad and word-pad.

elrlaf4ty6, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Documents and Desktop got scrambled

My Windows 10 Desktop and Documents Folder got mixed up

Well the first thing to check is if the locations for the files match the folders that you wanted. As in say you just wanted to move to D: you might have D:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop and D:\Users\USERNAME\Documents. So start File Explorer and and right click
    on the Desktop icon under This PC -> Properties -> Location. If it is pointing to the right folder (D:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop), then you just need to move the files from the Documents folder, and vice-versa.

If on the other hand the location is pointing to D:\Users\USERNAME\Documents, you can correct this, and move the files at the same time, but you should use a temporary folder to help in this. First create new folder say C:\tmp (you will use this below).

• Right click on the Desktop icon in File Explorer -> Properties -> Location -> Move, browse and select C:\tmp, OK, and they select Yes to move the files.
    • Right click on the Documents icon in File Explorer -> Properties -> Location -> Move, Browse to the right folder or use Restore Default to get them back to the original locations -> OK, Yes to move the files.
    • Repeat first step except now use either Restore Default or browse to the folder you really want for your Desktop files.

A_User_Here, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Documents and Desktop got scrambled

1. Documents and Desktop got scrambled - Similar Threads - Documents Desktop got

2. Windows 11 - Scrambled Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Scrambled Desktop: Hi,after the last Edge upgrade, here is how my desktop looks like : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akq35dIJf5n3hGUlfupV59hkUojy?e=ACWD9nHow can I get my taskbar back to where it was ? With all the menu buttons ?Thank you...
  3. Windows 11 - Scrambled Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Scrambled Desktop: Hi,after the last Edge upgrade, here is how my desktop looks like : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akq35dIJf5n3hGUlfupV59hkUojy?e=ACWD9nHow can I get my taskbar back to where it was ? With all the menu buttons ?Thank you...
  4. Scrambled Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scrambled Text: When i download stuff or open txt files or open cmd it closes I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrambled-text/ed95d548-370d-4f56-8802-8ce8cd6662ed
  5. Scrambled Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrambled Text: When i download stuff or open txt files or open cmd it closes I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrambled-text/ed95d548-370d-4f56-8802-8ce8cd6662ed
  6. Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons suddenly bigger and scrambled around: I have no idea what caused this, I just went to my desktop like normal and all my icons are slightly larger and randomly scrambled around. Not auto arranged, I mean they are actually scrambled around the desktop. This has happened before, but it fixed itself before I could...
  7. Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vista documents are scrambled when copied to windows 10: Copied documents from desktop computer (which was VISTA) to DVD, then loaded to laptop (which is Win 10). When documents are opened, they are scrambled. Is there someway to reformat the files to get them to be readable?...
  8. Windows 10 scrambling desktop after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 scrambling desktop after restart: My Desktop was scrambled this morning. Folders moved and files spread out. i reorganized and restarted. They scrambled again. I ran Malware Antybytes and came up clean. I ran Spybot and came up clean. I restarted and the files scrambled. There is a new program in task...
  9. Scrambled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrambled: When I print out documents from online, some of the pages are now coming out scrambled. This just started about a week ago. Not sure how to fix it. I didn't change any settings that I know of....
  10. Desktop scrambles Folder layout randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop scrambles Folder layout randomly: Hi there, thanks for having me Upon random occasions when I restart my computer, windows 10 decides to change the physical layout of my folders on the desktop screen. (bunches them all together) Wondering how to fix this? 103349