Windows 10: DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES

Discus and support DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All my photo and document filenames have changed randomly to a load of numbers and letters? using windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tommymcdonald2, Jan 23, 2020.

1. DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES

All my photo and document filenames have changed randomly to a load of numbers and letters? using windows 10

:)

tommymcdonald2, Jan 23, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 23, 2020
  4. DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES

Can't rename folders/files in Pictures or Documents Windows10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with Document and Picture folder only?
    • Does the mouse works properly while using other apps/programs?
    • Did you made nay system changes prior to this issue?
    This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES

1. DOCUMENTS AND PICTURE FILE NAMES - Similar Threads - DOCUMENTS PICTURE FILE

2. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  3. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  4. My Picture folder is named "Documents" Is there anyway to reset the User folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Picture folder is named "Documents" Is there anyway to reset the User folder?: I was trying to move pictures to my D drive on my computer but decided I wanted it it back on my C drive. When I went to my picture folder again it was named documents....
  5. Picture, 3D Model, Music, Document folder both named 'Documents'. Help me :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture, 3D Model, Music, Document folder both named 'Documents'. Help me :: I cant fix this, someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-3d-model-music-document-folder-both-named/41c58df0-4170-43ef-8f67-2e0394de5ab6
  6. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  7. Multiple My Document and My Pictures files

Multiple My Document and My Pictures files: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  8. Pictures and documents lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures and documents lost: hello, on 23rd of June when I switched on my computer windows had updated and there was a screen which was not my desktop so I restarted and it was my desktop but had no documents or pictures. I went to users and found one Anise Fatima Nasser and it had all my documents and...
  9. Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.

Pictures and Desktop folder both named 'Documents' and I can't change the name.: Hi there, Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files (documents, downloads, pictures etc) to my second hard drive. However, for some reason, my pictures and desktop folder have been renamed to 'documents' and I can't rename them. I have tried...
  10. Password for Documents/Files/Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Password for Documents/Files/Pictures: I have lot of documents on my computer. Such as openoffice word and openoffice excel documents. Basically any file on my computer whether its this a word or excel document or pictures or videos you can just click on it and open it without any issue. Is there a way to put...