Windows 10: Documents and pictures file location set to one drive

Discus and support Documents and pictures file location set to one drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my documents and pictures are at the location of c/user/username/onedrive i want to change it to just c/user.username i have unlinked onedrive from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SYNSLOTHIN, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Documents and pictures file location set to one drive

So my documents and pictures are at the location of c/user/username/onedrive i want to change it to just c/user.username i have unlinked onedrive from pc and unistalled i have tried restore default and it wont let me as it says you cant move a folder thats in the same location.

In my user folder i see the onedrive folder containing pictures and documents, for desktop i was able to move it, any ideas on how i will be able to change the location, i have had to restore my pc multiple times due to it messing up.

Any ideas would be great i have tried most ideas people have said about this, i dont know why this is so difficult to change in this day in age!

submitted by /u/SYNSLOTHIN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SYNSLOTHIN, Sep 6, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Documents and pictures file location set to one drive [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 6, 2020
  3. JREnglish Win User
    My Documents file location set to a second drive. Unable to change file location back.

After installing a second drive I wanted to change the file location of 'Documents'. To do this I went the file properties to change its location from a file on drive C to a file on drive D. However I accidentally select drive D itself instead of the file
    within it. Now I cannot change the location of 'Documents', nor can I restore its default location. When I attempt to do so I receive this message: "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied."

Looking for any help available.

JREnglish, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Documents and pictures file location set to one drive

Problem with default Documents/Pictures/OneDrive

Hi Kawika,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change file location settings.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "I had set my computer to save Documents and Pictures to a specified drive", from where exactly have you save the settings?
    • Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator Account?

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu and then click on Settings.

2. Click on Systems.

3. Then click on Storage.

4. Under Save Locations, change the location as
    This
    PC under New Documents will save to
    option.

Note: Likewise, try to make changes for pictures location also.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Documents and pictures file location set to one drive

1. Documents and pictures file location set to one drive - Similar Threads - Documents pictures file

2. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  3. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  4. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to restore Default Location in This PC Documents or Pictures. One Drive Casualty...

Unable to restore Default Location in This PC Documents or Pictures. One Drive Casualty...: Got rid of that pesky One Drive, or at least I thought.After un syncing, and deleting One Drive as a program, I still have it show up in the Location Tab of the Document Properties?It won't let me Restore Default to original location. I get the "Can't move the folder because...
  6. Unable to restore Default Location in This PC Documents or Pictures. One Drive Casualty...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restore Default Location in This PC Documents or Pictures. One Drive Casualty...: Got rid of that pesky One Drive, or at least I thought.After un syncing, and deleting One Drive as a program, I still have it show up in the Location Tab of the Document Properties?It won't let me Restore Default to original location. I get the "Can't move the folder because...
  7. Unable to restore Default Location in This PC Documents or Pictures. One Drive Casualty...

8. I uninstalled one drive but m not able to set the location for 'Documents' and 'Pictures'...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled one drive but m not able to set the location for 'Documents' and 'Pictures'...: So, in my Windows Explorer > left pane > This PC > Documents/Pictures > right click > Properties > Location Tab, the location is set to 'C:\Users\GDM Music\OneDrive\Documents' and 'C:\Users\GDM Music\OneDrive\Pictures'. If i Click 'Restore Default' > apply , it asks for : -if...
  9. I uninstalled one drive but m not able to set the location for 'Documents' and 'Pictures'...

I uninstalled one drive but m not able to set the location for 'Documents' and 'Pictures'...: So, in my Windows Explorer > left pane > This PC > Documents/Pictures > right click > Properties > Location Tab, the location is set to 'C:\Users\GDM Music\OneDrive\Documents' and 'C:\Users\GDM Music\OneDrive\Pictures'. If i Click 'Restore Default' > apply , it asks for : -if...
  10. Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive

Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive: Hello i am wondering if i get some incite on my issues, firstly i do not use onedrive always preferred other cloud services. My location of Documents,Pictures,Desktop are c/user/name/onedrive from going into my user folder i see a folder called onedrive inside including...