Windows 10: Documents and Pictures folder is empty

Discus and support Documents and Pictures folder is empty in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rafay Farrukh, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are all the pictures. how do i solve this issue?

:)

Rafay Farrukh, Aug 19, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Documents and Pictures folder is empty

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Documents and Pictures folder is empty

1. Documents and Pictures folder is empty - Similar Threads - Documents Pictures folder

2. Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop: My documents were not getting updated in One Drive consistently, which may have been due to the old laptop I was using. I was downloading files from a flash drive to a new laptop and got a OneDrive message saying I was over the 5GB limit of free space. I decided not to use...
  3. Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted empty Documents and Pictures folders on new laptop: My documents were not getting updated in One Drive consistently, which may have been due to the old laptop I was using. I was downloading files from a flash drive to a new laptop and got a OneDrive message saying I was over the 5GB limit of free space. I decided not to use...
  4. Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents Folder Suddenly Empty: My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried quite a few solutions, but none have helped in the slightest.I've tried going into the Documents folder and ticking the "Hidden...
  5. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Pictures folder is empty: As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are...
  6. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents and Pictures folder is empty: As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are...
  7. Empty picture folders

Empty picture folders: I have just noticed that all my picture folders on my PC Windows 10 are empty. Please can anybody give me advice as to how to restore them. There are hundreds of sentimental photos which I really do not want to lose.Thanks...
  8. Empty picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty picture folders: I have just noticed that all my picture folders on my PC Windows 10 are empty. Please can anybody give me advice as to how to restore them. There are hundreds of sentimental photos which I really do not want to lose.Thanks...
  9. Empty picture folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Documents folder suddenly empty

Documents folder suddenly empty: Please excuse my bad English, but I desperately need help with this one. On 8/19/2020 in the evening, my Documents folder is empty, no clues why this is happening.[ATTACH] I searched online and there are only two problems I found so far. 1. The virus or for some...