Windows 10: Documents and pictures have disappeared

Discus and support Documents and pictures have disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion laptop. The last update on 22 Dec 2018 says "Windows 10, version 1803." All of my documents and pictures have disappeared! What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregBate, Jan 5, 2019.

1. GregBate Win User

Documents and pictures have disappeared

I have an HP Pavilion laptop. The last update on 22 Dec 2018 says "Windows 10, version 1803." All of my documents and pictures have disappeared! What has happened and where do I find them?? Luckily I backed up to an external drive in November so most of my stuff should be there. BUT this happening really is a BIG worry. How will MS fix this for me and how will they ensure that it doesn't happen again? Thanks, Greg

:)

GregBate, Jan 5, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 5, 2019
  4. bdw4228 Win User

documents/pictures problem

Since downloading Windows 10 I have the following problem. On moving to the bottom of a list of documents or row pictures, before I can open the document, rename the picture, etc. the screen jumps back to the top of the list of documents or first row of
    pictures. I thought it might caused by a mouse problem but I have used the touch pad mouse and external mouse to select the document or picture with the same result. Any ideas?

bdw4228, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Documents and pictures have disappeared - Similar Threads - Documents pictures disappeared

2. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  3. pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures disappeared: HelloWhile i open the comments in facebook page to share a picture , so suddenly i did not find most of it , disappeared .?So, please how to get it backThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-disappeared/32de8736-bcb0-49e8-8337-392c7e285dc1
  4. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  5. All music, pictures and documents have disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All music, pictures and documents have disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi I seem to have lost all my files after what appears to have been an automatic update. I have attempted to revert to an older version of windows, however, it is claimed that it was installed on 2020/11/14 which is over the 10 day limited; and yet all my programs and...
  6. Pictures have disappeared in File Manager

Pictures have disappeared in File Manager: I was sorting my pictures in File Manager under "Libraries", "Pictures", "Folder" occasion or event Folder by Month. It was working great. Now all of sudden after the last update, pictures have disappeared in File Manger. When I go to each Folder that had many months with...
  7. Disappeared documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disappeared documents: The documents I have stored under various headings for several years recently disappeared. How do I find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappeared-documents/91b8d54c-a2c5-4dfd-9b48-1337ad4b260e
  8. ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared: I turned on my laptop and it began a download of Microsoft Edge, which I didn't agree to, nor do I want. If that isn't bad enough, ALL my Documents, Downloads, and Pictures are gone. I've spent 2 hours searching, and they are nowhere. I can't even restore to an earlier...
  9. Icons on pictures have disappeared

Icons on pictures have disappeared: When I view my folders, the pictures have disappeared. How do I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-pictures-have-disappeared/659eaf3b-ec22-4339-bfec-fac88c2311db
  10. Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Have Disappeared From Pictures Library: Hi all. I was experiencing an issue with my windows desktop where an account was acting funny while logging in. (This is not the issue I'm asking for help with.) After looking at a few fixes I gave up on the issue and decided to create a new user account and simply...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\Users\Seth\Desktop\documents\Seth\Desktop\My Documents\EH Rental Photos

2. run update and all documents and pictu7res disappeared

3. why did a picture disappear from a word document