Windows 10: Documents deleted from Documents folder

Discus and support Documents deleted from Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidOblak, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Documents deleted from Documents folder

Twice my documents have been deleted from the Documents folder. Why? Stop it.

:)

DavidOblak, Nov 1, 2020

2. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Nov 1, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Dia01 Win User

Documents deleted from Documents folder

My Documents Files - Deleted?

Thanks for the reply though my drive letter is actually F:\ and does not show a Data folder. When I click on the shortcut it takes me straight to my (administrators name)/Documents, so the link is correct. Not sure what happened.

Dia01, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Documents deleted from Documents folder

1. Documents deleted from Documents folder - Similar Threads - Documents deleted Documents

2. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  3. deleted document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted document folder: i accidentally deleted the documents folder from the windows registry editor Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders and now almost nothing saves, can anyone help me fine a way to recover it or make a new one?...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  6. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleted Documents and Images folders

Deleted Documents and Images folders: Hello everyone, while moving files from my C drive to my D drive, accidentaly deleted the documents and images folders from my pc. Before that I unliked my pc from onedrive, because it was not letting me move said folders. After trying again, and being prompt with the messge...
  8. Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.

Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.: Why I cant delete folders and files in my documents folder also on some folders like videos and pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-and-folders-in-documents-folder/65b04852-3916-4099-b1ac-585106682994
  9. Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Documents & Settings" folder without deleting Documents: I have two computers: WinXP Pro & Win10. When I got my Win10 computer, I copied over all my document files. They were in C:\Documents and Settings\Phil\Data in WinXP (I changed the default "My Documents" to Data). Of course, Win10, has Documents folder. What I have now in...
  10. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder: Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage. The folder icons are still present, however...