Windows 10: Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing originally posted Jul 2020

Discus and support Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing originally posted Jul 2020 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having same issue w/Brother MFC-8860DN, but with build 20H2 and not build 1904. Any suggestions out there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daddy-eau, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Daddy-eau Win User

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing originally posted Jul 2020

Having same issue w/Brother MFC-8860DN, but with build 20H2 and not build 1904. Any suggestions out there?

:)

Daddy-eau, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Fes# Win User

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing

This is printing 'disappearing from the print queue' is driving me nuts. I've tried everything else, now I'm trying uninstalling the Microsoft patch KB4560960

3. 808bty Win User
    Print Queue Personality Configuration

I've created many plot/print queues for the convenience of our users.

• Print queue personality is set on the Print Server
    • Personality settings include preset - orientation, paper size (A, B C, D, E), color/B&W, etc.
    With these preset personality settings, my users don't have to go through the print configuration steps for all the different types of documents they print.

They simply select the queue and print.

Some time a while ago, the personality settings for each print queue saved on my print server are no longer the default print queue setting on the users machine after they select the print queue.

Is there some way I can automatically "push" the print queue personality settings to every client who uses the queues?

Clients - W7 & W10

Print Server OS - Server 2012

Applications used - MS Office Suite, MicroStation, BentleyView, Bluebeam, G Technology Suite

808bty, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing originally posted Jul 2020

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing

G'day from Australia.

On the 16th June 2020, 2 updates were successfully installed on my computer, viz:

1. Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based systems (KB4559309).

2. Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based systems (KB4497165).

Since then, my Brother MFC-490CW printer (USB connection) will not print from the computer. I have looked at every "supposed" remedial solution that I could find online. I have pulled out all the cords. Uninstalled, then re-installed the printer. And, according
    to the Brother Installation Diagnostics Tool, all facets of the installation were completed successfully. Successfully, but with one exception; I could not print a test page.

Despite trying everything I could find . . . EVERYTHING thus far has be of no use. My printer STILL wont print from the computer.

So, to you techno wizards at Microsoft, please note before you tell me to check all of my connections, update the drivers, re-install the device, check to see that the printer has been set as the default printer, point me towards the control panel, check
    to see if I'm on a metered connection, etc; etc; I have already done all of these things. So please, give me something new.

Here is the dilemma. My printer appears in the Device Manager. It appears in the Control Panel. It appears as the default printer in the Settings Menu. It appears in the Task Bar of the computer, and is showing itself to be "ready". Yet, when I click on
    print, the document briefly appears in the print queue, then disappears. NOTHING appears on the facing screen of my printer to suggest that it is trying to receive data from the computer. If I open my printer by clicking on the printer icon, I can scan a document
    which is in the printer with a simple mouse click. But I cannot print a document, email, etc. from the computer.

Yes, the printer is getting on in years. But up until yesterday (16th June 2020) when those updates came through, it was working fine.

I want my printer back, and I want it back quickly. So PLEASE, can you find me a solution to whatever it was in that last lot of updates that caused this problem.

Cheers for now,

Wayne

Wayne Alfred, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing originally posted Jul 2020

1. Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing originally posted Jul 2020 - Similar Threads - Documents disappearing print

2. Documents stuck in queue and will not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents stuck in queue and will not print: I have several documents in my HP printer model 1210 lazer in the queue and cannot get it to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-stuck-in-queue-and-will-not-print/8bac8b1a-e236-4a66-901b-ecd50f1c31bb
  3. Documents stuck in queue and will not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents stuck in queue and will not print: I have several documents in my HP printer model 1210 lazer in the queue and cannot get it to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-stuck-in-queue-and-will-not-print/8bac8b1a-e236-4a66-901b-ecd50f1c31bb
  4. Documents Remain in Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Documents Remain in Print Queue: This is more irritating than anything. Occasionally, my print queue will show there is a document waiting even though everything I've sent to the printer has printed. It doesn't stop anything else from printing so I can print without a problem. But the document in the queue...
  5. Documents Stuck in Print Queue Regulary

Documents Stuck in Print Queue Regulary: I have a new windows 10 Surface. My documents print and then get stuck in the print queue. I cannot delete them without going through the procedure listed elsewhere in this forum. So rather than doing that repeatedly, is there a way to solve the core problem? Printer is an HP...
  6. Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing: Good day everyone, hope everyone is doing fine during this pandemic. So, as my title, my printer HP Deskjet 1510, connect using USB can't print anything after a failed Windows Update yesterday, the update froze at 48% I have no choice but to force shut down my laptop....
  7. Windows 10 removes document from print queue without printing

Windows 10 removes document from print queue without printing: Hello, I was trying to print a document on Windows 10 Pro, Update 1909 but I'm not able to. When I send the document to the printer, the printer receives the signal and the document appears on the print queue for a second. Instantly, it gets out. I tried to enable the option...
  8. Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing

Documents disappearing from print queue and not printing: I am using a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is working - I can monitor ink levels etc from the Brother Control centre on my PC but I can't print....
  9. Document in printing queue

Document in printing queue: I have a document in my printing queue that I cant delete or cancel. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-in-printing-queue/46e2f950-818f-40bb-810d-feddc6688443
  10. Cannot delete Document from print Queue

Cannot delete Document from print Queue: Hello, I am using a Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows 10 Pro, and trying to print using a Brother MFC-L8900. Using all ADMIN I've seen the other threads about Stopping and restarting the Printer SpoolFailed I've Tried Updating the driversFailed The Printer firmwareFailed...