Windows 10: "Documents" duplicated

Discus and support "Documents" duplicated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm not exactly sure where I should post this, but I hope this section is close enough. I was wondering if anyone could help me with something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kieran Ballard, Jul 30, 2015.

1. "Documents" duplicated

Hello, I'm not exactly sure where I should post this, but I hope this section is close enough.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with something that happened to me recently. Out of nowhere, loads of "Documents" appeared under "This PC"

"Documents" duplicated [​IMG]

:)

Kieran Ballard, Jul 30, 2015
  2. mklensten Win User

Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

I have the same problem - However, if I close Windows Explorer and reopen it, only one "Documents" folder exists under "This PC" and all of the duplicate "Documents" folders are gone. If I leave Windows Explorer running, the duplicate "Documents" folders
    start reappearing.

mklensten, Jul 30, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 30, 2015
  4. DJG
    DJG Win User

"Documents" duplicated

Have you tried the latest Win 10 build? Looks like some kind of bug.

5. Somehow it fixed itself, but came back later. I'm currently running the latest build.

Kieran Ballard, Aug 1, 2015
  6. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Ah! Sorry, I went by your system specs.

7. It seems to be happening to me too.
    Whenever I rename, delete or otherwise modify anything in my Documents folder (that includes saving new files as well as moving them), it causes the Documents entries to increase by one. New explorer windows will always start off with just one entry, but any windows I leave open will always have the extra Documents entries until they're closed.

Kitsunemimi, Aug 1, 2015
  8. DJG
    DJG Win User

"Documents" duplicated

Confirmed - looks like a new feature *Biggrin.

9. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was going crazy! And yeah, I haven't updated my specs, sorry *Wink.

Edit: I fixed my specs, especially for you!

Kieran Ballard, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Documents" duplicated

1. "Documents" duplicated - Similar Threads - Documents duplicated

2. Duplicate documents folder on hard drive to allow drag and dropping files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate documents folder on hard drive to allow drag and dropping files: I used to be able to drag and drop files in the documents folder from File Explorer. In Office 365, my only documents folder is pinned to the task bar and I can't drag and drop from there. How do I duplicate the documents folder on the hard drive so I can access files through...
  3. Duplicate documents folder on hard drive to allow drag and dropping files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate documents folder on hard drive to allow drag and dropping files: I used to be able to drag and drop files in the documents folder from File Explorer. In Office 365, my only documents folder is pinned to the task bar and I can't drag and drop from there. How do I duplicate the documents folder on the hard drive so I can access files through...
  4. robocopy output has duplicate documents folder

robocopy output has duplicate documents folder: Here's the ROBOCOPY command that I run to backup my documents folder to an external drive:ROBOCOPY C:\Users\ddd\Documents "%destdrive%:\xxx documents" /XF ~* *.tmp *.temp desktop.ini /E /XO /XJ /XJD /XJF /PURGE /NP /NDL "/LOG:C:\Users\ddd\Documents\ \robocopy logs\document...
  5. robocopy output has duplicate documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    robocopy output has duplicate documents folder: Here's the ROBOCOPY command that I run to backup my documents folder to an external drive:ROBOCOPY C:\Users\ddd\Documents "%destdrive%:\xxx documents" /XF ~* *.tmp *.temp desktop.ini /E /XO /XJ /XJD /XJF /PURGE /NP /NDL "/LOG:C:\Users\ddd\Documents\ \robocopy logs\document...
  6. robocopy output has duplicate documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document: While playing around with WordPad, just about every time I saved the file it automatically pasted a duplicate copy of a URL into the document. At one time There were 6 copies of the URL one right after the other. I even copied a blank line in order to clear out the clipboard...
  8. WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document

WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document: While playing around with WordPad, just about every time I saved the file it automatically pasted a duplicate copy of a URL into the document. At one time There were 6 copies of the URL one right after the other. I even copied a blank line in order to clear out the clipboard...
  9. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  10. Duplicate Documents folders

Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....