Windows 10: Documents file on ca drive and ONeDrive

Discus and support Documents file on ca drive and ONeDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have only just started using ONEDrive,,, so please bear with me here. I dragged some files (Word attachments) from my documents folder on the c... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GwynEvans, Feb 6, 2019.

1. GwynEvans Win User

Documents file on ca drive and ONeDrive

I have only just started using ONEDrive,,, so please bear with me here.

I dragged some files (Word attachments) from my documents folder on the c drive to my Onedrive and everything seemed fine. But I now notice that all of those filed have disappeared from my Documents folder on the c drive. Is this supposed to happen? If not, how do I get them to stay on the c drive when they move to and OneDrive? Thanks for any info.

:)

GwynEvans, Feb 6, 2019

2. Transferring files and documents to a new computer - onedrive issues

Hi Williams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It seems that you have set sync settings to sync every folder and as well as external hard drive and save only on cloud. We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to avail folders (Docs) locally.

1. Install OneDrive and open
      File Explorer
    2. Right click on OneDrive icon on the right pane.
    3. Then select Make available offline.

You may also want to refer
      OneDrive help
      and go through all topics under
      Popular topics and check for settings.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Documents file on ca drive and ONeDrive

File History not backing up OneDrive Documents folder (but correctly backing up other OneDrive folders)

I have my Documents folder and all my photos located in my OneDrive, so that they are always backed up to the cloud. I have previously successfully also used File History to back up all my user files and
    libraries (including the OneDrive folder) to a local external drive and it has worked fine for many years. However, recently I noticed that there is something strange happening with the Documents subfolder in the OneDrive folder of the File History backup
    when I went to restore a previous version of a file in OneDrive\Documents and the 'Restore personal files' view showed
    only a small number of files and folders, not the whole of the current contents of the OneDrive\Documents folder. Moreover, instead of the most recent automatic backup date showing (effectively) the current state of the OneDrive\Documents folder,
    it only showed files that had been modified since the previous automatic backup date. If I manually went backwards in time through the backups, I could see other files in my OneDrive\Documents folder that had been modified previously and were still currently
    in that folder, but for some reason were not showing in the 'Restore personal files' view of the most recent backup.

I thought something must have gotten out of sync with the File History database, so I stopped the file history service, deleted the
    %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory folder, deleted the File History backup folder from the external drive and then rebooted the PC. As expected after rebooting and going into Control Panel -> File History it showed that
    File History was off and there was no File History drive set. I then created a new File History backup to the external drive and checked that there were no 'excluded folders' set. Absolutely everything else got backed up correctly in the new backup, except
    for just the OneDrive\Documents folder, which wasn't created at all in the new backup. For example, my OneDrive\Pictures folder backup correctly had all 22.3GB of data comprising 13,067 files and 255 folders, exactly as expected.

I then modified a test file in my OneDrive\Documents folder, clicked on 'Run Now' in File History and then checked the backup. There was now a Documents folder showing in the OneDrive folder, but it contained
    just that one test file I had modified.

I tried the suggestion I had seen in a previous discussion thread about this problem of manually adding the full OneDrive\Documents path to the list of backed up folders. It was already there in the list,
    but I tried adding it anyway. It made no difference and the folder is still not being backed up.

Why isn't File History backing up all of the folders in OneDrive and selectively refusing to back up just the Documents folder?

RichardG_2010, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Documents file on ca drive and ONeDrive

1. Documents file on ca drive and ONeDrive - Similar Threads - Documents file drive

2. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  3. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  4. Onedrive Files Not On Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Files Not On Drive: I Added several folders to Onedrive and they have disappeared from my local drive. These include Documents, Music, Pictures, several application folders in Program Files and others. The missing files are stopping my pc from starting as they include appdata. How do I restore...
  5. Onedrive Files Not On Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Files Not On Drive: I Added several folders to Onedrive and they have disappeared from my local drive. These include Documents, Music, Pictures, several application folders in Program Files and others. The missing files are stopping my pc from starting as they include appdata. How do I restore...
  6. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  7. Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Open Files in Documents or OneDrive: Some time after I had purchased my refurbished Surface Pro IV and signed in to OneDrive, I had noticed an odd problem, which still has plagued me for almost five months, now. I can see the files I want, but the Open button remains greyed out, nor can I double-click to open...
  8. Onedrive documents

Onedrive documents: I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for...
  9. Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive

Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive: I have an issue that I think is being caused by the simple fact that my documents folder is in OneDrive instead of on my computer's hard drive. I don't want OneDrive and I don't know how this happened because everything (in my opinion) should default to save on the hard drive...
  10. No authority to save files to Documents, OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    No authority to save files to Documents, OneDrive: I initially posted about this problem a few days ago to a thread that seemed to be addressing a similar problem, but the OP decided to stop pursuing active solutions so the advice dried up. I am running Win10 build 10240 and ever since build 10166 I have lost authority to...