Windows 10: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Discus and support Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LynnElfner, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

:)

LynnElfner, Mar 11, 2021

2. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried
    to restore the default location of the duplicate Pictures Folder, it said "Can't move this folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected". Is there any way to get my Document's Folder back to This PC and get rid of the duplicate
    Picture's Folder?

Documents folder duplicated in  Pictures folder 35e5919e-faff-4afc-b612-13fd4a6abaf4?upload=true.png

Documents folder duplicated in  Pictures folder 4af037ef-8ac9-4eeb-9f0d-888978c0f057?upload=true.png

ParkerHerrington, Mar 11, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

1. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder - Similar Threads - Documents folder duplicated

2. Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads and Pictures folder is the Documents folder: Hello. I just reset my PC and I was trying to move the downloads, pictures and documents folder from Local Disk C: to Local Disk D:. I clicked properties>location>move and moved them to Local Disk D:, but I think i forgot to create a folder while adding them separately, so...
  3. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  4. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  5. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  6. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  7. documents and picture folders

documents and picture folders: Large Double Blue arrows are showing up on my documents and picture folders and I want them gone. I cant even hardly see whats under the arrows. Anyone know how to do that?...
  8. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.: I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the...
  9. Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder

Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder: Somehow my wife's laptop a Dell Laptop running an up-to-date Windows 10 OS has gotten 2 same-named folders Very Active with important data in her Documents folder. I've tried several things to fix by deleting 1 of the duplicate folders, moving files , etc. but nothing has...
  10. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...