Windows 10: Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

Discus and support Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Benjamin Fox 1710, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the folder is in there.Is there anything I can do to try and get my files back as I need the majority of them that were in there?Thanks in advance,Benjamin.

:)

Benjamin Fox 1710, Apr 5, 2022
  2. CP2009 Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 5, 2022
  4. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

1. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive - Similar Threads - Documents Folder Empty

2. My Document folder is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Document folder is empty: I created a new user on Computer Management, after which I signed out of excel 2016 and removed my system from domain after which I restarted my system, and when I signed into the new user account I created I tried moving my files from my old user account and my documents...
  3. Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents Folder Suddenly Empty: My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried quite a few solutions, but none have helped in the slightest.I've tried going into the Documents folder and ticking the "Hidden...
  4. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive: Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the...
  5. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive: Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the...
  6. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty: Hello to everyone, I'd really be grateful for any help on this issue - thank you very much!The problem:Two days ago, while my laptop was running i.e. not after a Windows Update reboot, all files in all subfolders located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents have disappeared "This...
  7. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty: Hello to everyone, I'd really be grateful for any help on this issue - thank you very much!The problem:Two days ago, while my laptop was running i.e. not after a Windows Update reboot, all files in all subfolders located in C:\Users\NAME\Documents have disappeared "This...
  8. Files in folder "Documents" C:\Users\NAME\Documents disappeared / folder empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

Documents Folder is missing in C drive.: I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have tried registry, and copy and paste the folder in and nothing works. I haven't backed up my laptop before, so that isn't an...
  10. Documents folder suddenly empty

Documents folder suddenly empty: Please excuse my bad English, but I desperately need help with this one. On 8/19/2020 in the evening, my Documents folder is empty, no clues why this is happening.[ATTACH] I searched online and there are only two problems I found so far. 1. The virus or for some...