Windows 10: Documents folder has been multiplying itself

Discus and support Documents folder has been multiplying itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just did a fresh Win 10 Pro 64 bit install. In File Explorer, I've directed Documents folder to server on network. As you can see, the Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DennisHallack, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Documents folder has been multiplying itself

Just did a fresh Win 10 Pro 64 bit install.

In File Explorer, I've directed Documents folder to server on network. As you can see, the Documents folder has been multiplying itself. This, from ordinary use. Under Properties each copy has the location tab showing the server. Have selected don't show hidden files. Closing and reopening File Explorer causes the duplicates to disappear.

Your perspectives and observations will be most appreciated.

Documents folder has been multiplying itself [​IMG]

:)

DennisHallack, Oct 20, 2015
  2. VicChua Win User

Folder keeps multiplying itself when drag to drop.

Two problems,

1) I'm using windows 10 and I find that the documents folder keep multiplying itself when you drag and drop any files to any folders under the documents folder.

2) Also there's this desktop.ini folder that's empty in every folder

Can anyone help?

Appreaciate any help..

original titleDocuments folder has been multiplying itself :Duplicating

VicChua, Oct 20, 2015
  3. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Original Title :

"Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Marvin Graham, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Documents folder has been multiplying itself

1. Documents folder has been multiplying itself - Similar Threads - Documents folder has

2. Over the past week, windows has been making my documents folder read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Over the past week, windows has been making my documents folder read only: Over the past week, windows has been mysteriously making my entire documents folder read only. I noticed this first because suddenly my Fallout4 game couldn't save. It simply collapsed as soon as save game was attempted. I tracked this down to the my games folder being...
  3. Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder: Hi, I have somehow managed to create a new folder that shows up under "This PC"marked "Documents".It is empty, while another folder also also marked "Documents" is showing on my Desktop, this one has all my documents. How do i delete the fist one and restore the other one to...
  4. Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents Folder: how to in documents folder add a file to an existing file. sometimes need to update or add information to a file in documents folder. use win 10. when attempt to add a file it adds as a new file. Need to place a file or information in a file already in the documents...
  5. multiply monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiply monitors: I extended my monitor however the 2 monitor seems to be the default. How do I set my 1 monitor as the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiply-monitors/edc73764-1bb7-49b3-90fd-75ef77c9a5da
  6. documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    documents folder: When I first installed W10, I had to go through all the questions posed. I thought they would be the standard "I agree" type. But one I quickly okayed was not, and when I thought about it later, I wondered if I had made a mistake. And I had. I mistakenly put my...
  7. Library folders multiply

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folders multiply: I've been experiencing a bug that makes Library folders appear multiple times in the navigation pane. It is obviously the same folder that is displayed many times and I can get rid of them if I refresh the navigation pane by hitting the F5 key. I've noticed that it happens...
  8. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: Paid a bill on line --tried to print---pop-up states it was put into the documents folder. Where is the documents folder located in win 10? P.S---All my questions have been answered quickly by the people in this forum. YOU ARE THE GREATEST,BAR NON. 12352
  9. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane: I have this problem on my fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installtion where the documents folder keep multiplying in the file explorer navigation pane, it sometimes appears when I'm using the file explorer or leave it open in the background for a while. The system folders...
  10. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: I try to print out my bank statement but it goes into documents folder. How do I print out from the documents folder when win 10 puts it back? 17981