Windows 10: Documents folder has been multiplying itself

Discus and support Documents folder has been multiplying itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just did a fresh Win 10 Pro 64 bit install. In File Explorer, I've directed Documents folder to server on network. As you can see, the Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DennisHallack, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Documents folder has been multiplying itself

Just did a fresh Win 10 Pro 64 bit install.

In File Explorer, I've directed Documents folder to server on network. As you can see, the Documents folder has been multiplying itself. This, from ordinary use. Under Properties each copy has the location tab showing the server. Have selected don't show hidden files. Closing and reopening File Explorer causes the duplicates to disappear.

Your perspectives and observations will be most appreciated.

Documents folder has been multiplying itself [​IMG]

:)

DennisHallack, Oct 20, 2015
  2. VicChua Win User

Folder keeps multiplying itself when drag to drop.

Two problems,

1) I'm using windows 10 and I find that the documents folder keep multiplying itself when you drag and drop any files to any folders under the documents folder.

2) Also there's this desktop.ini folder that's empty in every folder

Can anyone help?

Appreaciate any help..

original titleDocuments folder has been multiplying itself :Duplicating

VicChua, Oct 20, 2015
  3. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Original Title :

"Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

Marvin Graham, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Documents folder has been multiplying itself

1. Documents folder has been multiplying itself - Similar Threads - Documents folder has

2. Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing: All the files in my documents folder are missing. Cannot find them anywhere. Folders inside documents folder are still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-has-folders-inside-but-files-in/8fcd4d0f-e1ca-494d-9e80-6fce88ed458b
  3. Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing: All the files in my documents folder are missing. Cannot find them anywhere. Folders inside documents folder are still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-has-folders-inside-but-files-in/8fcd4d0f-e1ca-494d-9e80-6fce88ed458b
  4. Documents folder has folders inside but files in main documents folder missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Document folder has been made read only how to change it back

Document folder has been made read only how to change it back: Previously I stored documents in the Document Folder on the PC that is windows 10 and was able to access them edit, and resave the changed version. Some time in the fall of 2020 lets say Oct I suddenly was only able to access these documents as "Read-Only" therefore was not...
  6. Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.

Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.: My Documents folder has been transferred to my flash drive. I no longer have it in my task bar or on the bottom of my screen. How do I get it back on my desktop?...
  7. Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder

Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder: Logged onto my Microsoft computer today and the most important folder in my Documents folder has disappeared. The whole folder including all the documents is gone. When I go into another application like Word and look at the recent documents I can find a document that was in...
  8. FOlder renames itself and cant be fixed - Downloads folder has become Documents folder

FOlder renames itself and cant be fixed - Downloads folder has become Documents folder: This is a problem with the system shortcuts for Downloads and Documents getting tangled up together. Corruption in the registry I presume. The symptom is that I have two "Documents" folders, but one is supposed to be the "Downloads" folder. Both the links jump to the very...
  9. Library folders multiply

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folders multiply: I've been experiencing a bug that makes Library folders appear multiple times in the navigation pane. It is obviously the same folder that is displayed many times and I can get rid of them if I refresh the navigation pane by hitting the F5 key. I've noticed that it happens...
  10. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane: I have this problem on my fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installtion where the documents folder keep multiplying in the file explorer navigation pane, it sometimes appears when I'm using the file explorer or leave it open in the background for a while. The system folders...