Windows 10: Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.

Discus and support Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Documents folder has been transferred to my flash drive. I no longer have it in my task bar or on the bottom of my screen. How do I get it back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cheryl2020admin, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.

My Documents folder has been transferred to my flash drive. I no longer have it in my task bar or on the bottom of my screen. How do I get it back on my desktop?

:)

Cheryl2020admin, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

How To Transfer Documents to Upgraded Windows 10 using a USB 3.0 Flash Drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.

Merge Document Folders

Bob,

To remove any need for cross-referencing to that other thread I gave you a link to, here are the paras I was suggesting that you consider.

1 You can create a folder structure of your own on the HDD and just start using it. No grand schemes are required. No OS alterations are required.
    - It is common to have the following folders but they can be named & arranged however you want: Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures.
    - You will probably also want to create a Desktop folder [see #4 below].
    - You can also divide Documents into subfolders for your main lines of effort and each of these can be further subdivided.
    - Just by way of example & nothing more, my own Documents folder is divided into: Business, Personal, Common, Suppliers, InfoSys

2 You can augment that by opening each one of your applications and saving a test file to your Documents folder then opening a test file from that folder. Doing this makes most applications look there first in the future and that saves messing about browsing around the folders.

3 You can augment that by checking the Options / Preferences within each of you applications to see if a default folder can be nominated there as well.

4 You can augment that by 'relocating' the Desktop user folder [that has been created by Windows] to your HDD.
    - This is by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Desktop but the system can be told to use the folder you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorial listed above can walk you through the whole procedure.

5 You can augment that by 'relocating' other user folders [that have been created by Windows] such as the Documents, Music, Videos, Pictures to your HDD.
    - These are by default in C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents etc but the system can be told to use the folders you have created on your HDD instead.
    - The TenForumsTutorials listed above can walk you through the whole procedure for each one.
    - Not everybody bothers with this step and some think that it conveys no benefit. I have done each of them.

Denis

Thema:

Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.

1. Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive. - Similar Threads - Documents folder has

2. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  3. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  4. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  5. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  6. How to remove My Documents File Folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove My Documents File Folder on Desktop: I am not anywhere close to a Windows 10 or other technology expert. Somehow, I did something that made a My Document file folder appear on my desktop. It is not a shortcut. When I tried to delete it, the system started delete my files. What do I need to do to remove this...
  7. How to remove My Documents File Folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove My Documents File Folder on Desktop: I am not anywhere close to a Windows 10 or other technology expert. Somehow, I did something that made a My Document file folder appear on my desktop. It is not a shortcut. When I tried to delete it, the system started delete my files. What do I need to do to remove this...
  8. Folder has disappeared from Documents

Folder has disappeared from Documents: A folder has disappeared from Documents. How can I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-has-disappeared-from-documents/fc93dbf9-81f8-44d9-ba1b-c8576bdad0de
  9. Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder

Folder has disappeared from Documents Folder: Logged onto my Microsoft computer today and the most important folder in my Documents folder has disappeared. The whole folder including all the documents is gone. When I go into another application like Word and look at the recent documents I can find a document that was in...
  10. Documents folder has been multiplying itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder has been multiplying itself: Just did a fresh Win 10 Pro 64 bit install. In File Explorer, I've directed Documents folder to server on network. As you can see, the Documents folder has been multiplying itself. This, from ordinary use. Under Properties each copy has the location tab showing the server....