Windows 10: Documents folder image

Discus and support Documents folder image in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I deleted my documents folder accidentally a while back, luckily i had a backup from 2 months ago allowing me to restore my documents folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Spartan John, May 21, 2024.

1. Documents folder image

Hi, I deleted my documents folder accidentally a while back, luckily i had a backup from 2 months ago allowing me to restore my documents folder, albeit with some things missing, those being the newest items. However, I was not able to restore the "Documents" folder image, i have tried to find it in the folder icons area, but i can't seem to find it. Just wondering if it is possible for me to restore the image somehow. OS Windows 11

:)

Spartan John, May 21, 2024

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 21, 2024
  3. Wrong Documents folder

Is there a separate Documents folder showing when you scroll the File Explorer up? Below is a screenshot of how it should look like.

Documents folder image 33ce5810-6dc9-4ee8-947c-a298fbdf9736.jpg

If there is a Document folder showing and it points to OneDrive, we suggest you perform the following:

• Right-click on the Documents folder, and select Properties.
    • Go to Location tab.
    • Change the location where files in that folder are stored by removing the
      \OneDrive

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 21, 2024
  4. Documents folder image

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Documents folder image

1. Documents folder image - Similar Threads - Documents folder image

2. Documents folder image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder image: Hi, I deleted my documents folder accidentally a while back, luckily i had a backup from 2 months ago allowing me to restore my documents folder, albeit with some things missing, those being the newest items. However, I was not able to restore the "Documents" folder image, i...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Deleted Documents and Images folders

Deleted Documents and Images folders: Hello everyone, while moving files from my C drive to my D drive, accidentaly deleted the documents and images folders from my pc. Before that I unliked my pc from onedrive, because it was not letting me move said folders. After trying again, and being prompt with the messge...
  7. Images not appearing in word document after moving images folder

Images not appearing in word document after moving images folder: I moved my images folder and documents all onto a harddrive and my imported images no longer appear on my documents. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/images-not-appearing-in-word-document-after-moving/b2c69a61-2e63-4666-9dbf-1bd74f6b369f
  8. Lost images/documents

Lost images/documents: I have a lot of plant/flower images in my documents, all of which I need to keep. Quite a few of the older ones have disappeared & I know that I have not deleted them. Where have they gone & how can I recover them...
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: I try to print out my bank statement but it goes into documents folder. How do I print out from the documents folder when win 10 puts it back? 17981