Windows 10: documents folder in index

Discus and support documents folder in index in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what does a red x mean when attached to a documents folder in the index... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChuckCarter82, Nov 29, 2018.

1. documents folder in index

what does a red x mean when attached to a documents folder in the index

:)

ChuckCarter82, Nov 29, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 29, 2018
  3. IzWebUsr Win User
    OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Nov 29, 2018
  4. documents folder in index

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

documents folder in index

1. documents folder in index - Similar Threads - documents folder index

2. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  5. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types: When I search for a file from Windows explorer and look for a word inside of documents, it will find pdf, txt, xlsx, etc. but not docx or doc. I tried rebuilding and moving the index. I tried "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation +...
  7. Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not indexing Word documents--but is indexing other file types: When I search for a file from Windows explorer and look for a word inside of documents, it will find pdf, txt, xlsx, etc. but not docx or doc. I tried rebuilding and moving the index. I tried "$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation +...
  8. Excluded indexing folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excluded indexing folders: I changed the excluded indexing folders and now I want to return everything to the default state, how i can do this? I mean, reset excluded indexing folders. submitted by /u/TheLerny [link] [comments]...
  9. indexing the files in a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    indexing the files in a folder: I have to index the files in a folder which are inside subfolders. [img] I have made a Microsoft word document. I am manually going in each folder and then opening command prompt and then on command prompt I type dir /b I get some output and then I paste it on word...
  10. index Documents on NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    index Documents on NAS: The folder 'My Documents' is on my Nas-server. How can I index this folder. In windows 7 I used Library Tool, in my opinion it is not working on W10 9615