Windows 10: Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

Discus and support Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 20H2 ver: 19042.1052 I have my SSD partitioned with programs on C and data on D. All was going well for several years until I thought I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Memsahib, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Memsahib Win User

Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

Win 10 20H2 ver: 19042.1052 I have my SSD partitioned with programs on C and data on D. All was going well for several years until I thought I would try to use Onedrive as a backup and found all my users folders moved to Onedrive so I tried to move them out and now I have my Documents folder in my Pictures folder! In fact I don't even have a D:\users\username folder than I can access without it taking me to pictures. I am reasonably confident but don't want to make any more silly changes. How can I get the documents folder out of Pictures - please! I have done two screen shots that I believe demonstrate my issue.

:)

Memsahib, Jun 10, 2021
  2. NongJin Win User

How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

In my new computer setup, Windows 10 set up the folders Documents and Pictures under "This PC" to C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents and C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Pictures. I want to set up these folders to C:\Users\username\Documents and C:\Users\username\Pictures.
    I tried to change location through folder properties\location\restore default. But windows did not allow me to do it, showing an error message "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied".
    How do I change the folders of Documents (Pictures) under "This PC" to
    C:\Users\username\Documents (Pictures)? Thanks.

NongJin, Jun 10, 2021
  3. NongJin Win User
    How to change locations of Documents or Pictures to C:\Users\username\Documents or Pictures

Greg,

Thank you very much for quick response. I disabled auto backup and the folders are defaulted back to C:\Users\username\Documents (Pictures). Thanks again! Nong

NongJin, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

Pictures Folder Accidentally Remapped to D:\

[UPDATE]

I remapped the Pictures folder to C:\Users\[username]\Pictures even though the Pictures folder didn't exist, chose not to have my files automatically moved, then remapped it a second time to my intended destination at D:\Pictures. The folder name was then reverted
    back to Pictures and any relation to the D drive was removed!

Hello all,

I recently re-installed Windows and was in the process of mapping the media libraries listed under This PC from C drive to my D drive when under Pictures, I accidentally selected D:/ in the Select a Destination GUI. I had selected my existing Pictures folder
    yet it selected the entire D drive. It now behaves like the actual D drive when I right-click on the Pictures folder under This PC and select Properties, except the Location tab is still there. When I attempt to remap the folder to D:\Pictures, a dialog box
    appears, telling me that the specified path is invalid. When I try to remap the folder to C:\Users\[username]\Pictures in an attempt to troubleshoot, there is no Pictures folder there yet when I create a New Folder and rename it to Pictures, I'm told that
    a Pictures folder exists. Any help would be appreciated.

thebutler93, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures

1. Documents folder is in D:\users\username\pictures - Similar Threads - Documents folder usersusernamepictures

2. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My documents folder became the Hard drive D:: I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I...
  3. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My documents folder became the Hard drive D:: I was moving my folders from Local disk C to hard drive Data D but when it came to moving my documents I forgot to choose a subfolder in Users to select Documents so now my Documents folder has became the hard drive and I cant undo it because I have no system access and I...
  4. I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.: Hi,I have used this guide to fix the accidental merging of Desktop and D drive which I also did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-desktop-to-d-drive/062dc89d-727d-47c6-9657-b1d6eea48f29I realised that :\D has the Document folder...
  5. Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Documents Folder From C to D Drive: I have not been able to move my documents folder from my C drive, which is a solid state drive, to my D drive, which is a regular hard drive. I've tried going into the folder properties and changing the location, but it doesn't move. I do not have One Drive installed on my...
  6. I mistakenly made my D: drive as document folder.

I mistakenly made my D: drive as document folder.: I was planning to move my documents folder from C:\Users\Inspiron Laptop\Documents to D:\Documents. But instead I made the whole drive D: as documents folder. After this I tried restoring default location of the documents folder via properties to undo my mistake but a pop-up...
  7. So my documents folder and driver d share everything

So my documents folder and driver d share everything: I moved my Documents Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Documents subfolder in the location. Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the documents and everything I save in the Documents directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders....
  8. My documents folder became the Hard drive D:

9. Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder disappears from D drive after moving: Windows 10 Pro 1909 64 bit Problem: Moved Desktop, Documents & Pictures from %UserProfile% folder on C drive to new location on D drive. OneDrive syncing was turned off. Operation success. The next day the same folders were missing from D drive, only present in OneDrive...
  10. I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\: I messed up trying to move my Documents folder location to my D:\ data partition. I was following this tutorial, but not carefully enough: Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 I didn't create a new Documents folder on the D:\ partition first, as the tutorial says...