Windows 10: Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive

Discus and support Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue that I think is being caused by the simple fact that my documents folder is in OneDrive instead of on my computer's hard drive. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyRutherford, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive

I have an issue that I think is being caused by the simple fact that my documents folder is in OneDrive instead of on my computer's hard drive. I don't want OneDrive and I don't know how this happened because everything (in my opinion) should default to save on the hard drive and not something that requires internet access. How do I get my documents folder to be ONLY on my computer's hard drive and not on OneDrive?

:)

AmyRutherford, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Sid_0987 Win User

Documents and Pictures folder shortcuts in User folder go to OneDrive instead of the local folders.

Hello. I am having troubles with my User folder in Windows 10.

I had OneDrive activated because I use OneDrive to store files I want available across multiple devices, but there are other files that I keep local in my home machine. I've had a OneDrive Documents and Pictures folders showing together with my local Documents
    and Pictures folders under my User folder. I didn't like it, but it was working alright. Today, however, my local folders disappeared from my User folder in File Explorer and I cannot access them through the User folder shortcuts. The actual local folders
    are still in my hard drive because if I enter their path, they can be navigated to. The shortcuts now only point to OneDrive folders.

I deactivated OneDrive in my machine and all I got was a local copy of the OneDrive folders that the User folder keeps pointing to.

I tried the Properties > Location tab to point to the location of my local folders instead, but 1. Documents shortcut didn't have a Locations tab, and 2. Pictures folder says I don't have access to change the location.

How do I get my User folder to display all shortcuts to my local folders and my OneDrive folder to have the shortcuts to the OneDrive folders instead of this huge mix?

Help please!

Specs:

Windows 10 Build 10586.420

Sid_0987, Dec 20, 2018
  3. My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hello-

HELP! I cannot see any of my documents or folders on my internal hard drive when I go to file explorer This PC. The OneDrive documents folder shows up instead. The only way for me to access my documents and folders on my internal drive is if they are pinned
    to quick task menu or if I go into my Windows: C drive and go into the users. Only then can I access the folders and documents. Same goes when I try to save documents to my internal drive! Beyond frustrated and can't figure out why this suddenly occurred.
    Thanks!

[Moved from: OneDrive / Working with files and folders on OneDrive / Editing and viewing files and folders / OneDrive in Windows 10]

KariSnyders, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive

Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive

1. Documents Folder is in OneDrive instead of on Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Documents Folder OneDrive

2. How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?: I discovered this problem because of a game I have. I wanted to add a mod, but when I went to look for the documents folder in "this pc-windows C:- users - [my user]", but the correct one is not there. In [my user] should be a documents file with all my folders/files, but it...
  3. How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move documents folder out of OneDrive to hard drive?: I discovered this problem because of a game I have. I wanted to add a mod, but when I went to look for the documents folder in "this pc-windows C:- users - [my user]", but the correct one is not there. In [my user] should be a documents file with all my folders/files, but it...
  4. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  5. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  6. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

7. New windows 11 PC copied a onedrive folder to documents folder on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows 11 PC copied a onedrive folder to documents folder on hard drive: I purchased a new windows 11 PC. Once it started up, I noticed that the "this PC / Documents" folder on hard drive had been populated with data from one of my onedrive folders. I have folders named A, B, and C on onedrive. When new PC started up, it had taken the contents of...
  8. New windows 11 PC copied a onedrive folder to documents folder on hard drive

New windows 11 PC copied a onedrive folder to documents folder on hard drive: I purchased a new windows 11 PC. Once it started up, I noticed that the "this PC / Documents" folder on hard drive had been populated with data from one of my onedrive folders. I have folders named A, B, and C on onedrive. When new PC started up, it had taken the contents of...
  9. Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally: On my new computer, if I right-click my Documents folder under "This PC", I see that it is set to the OneDrive folder. But need my documents available offline too and want it the way it was with my old computer. There it would save locally and send a copy to OneDrive.How can...
  10. Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally

Documents Folder is set to One Drive instead of locally: On my new computer, if I right-click my Documents folder under "This PC", I see that it is set to the OneDrive folder. But need my documents available offline too and want it the way it was with my old computer. There it would save locally and send a copy to OneDrive.How can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is everything going to onedrive instead of the hard drive

2. how do i know if a file is on my hard drive or on one drive

3. one drive problem documents folder

4. Why is there a one drvie folder on my hard drive?,
  5. documents folder on hard drive,
  6. why is my documents folder in onedrive,
  7. is one drive on hard drive,
  8. one drive folder protection second hard drive,
  9. use local folder instead of onedrive folder,
  10. file explorer goes to documents in onedrive instead of hard drive how do I change,
  11. documents folder is in one drive not drive c,
  12. how to use memory of the laptop instead onedrive,
  13. using onedrive instead of my documents,
  14. i dragged folder to one drive but my hard drive still suggests folder is there,
  15. documents folder is in onedrive instead of on hard drive