Windows 10: Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

Discus and support Documents Folder is missing in C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ItzMeLauryn, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

I've been trying to install some mods onto a game on my laptop all day to no avail. I realized that my documents folder isn't in my c drive and I have tried registry, and copy and paste the folder in and nothing works. I haven't backed up my laptop before, so that isn't an option.

:)

ItzMeLauryn, Jan 9, 2021

2. Missing document folder in C drive

The document folder in the c drive has disappeared since the latest Widows 10 update. How do I get it back and where is it?

teresakrajewska, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

Robocopy copies folders not in Documents to my backup Documents folder on 2nd drive.

Two things:

• You must surroound your folder names with double quotes:

robocopy "C:\Users\my name\Documents . . ." "D:\Dropbox\my name\Documents
      . . ."
    • Robocopy often hides target folders, causing users to think they are missing. Look for hidden folders.

Frederik Long, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Documents Folder is missing in C drive.

1. Documents Folder is missing in C drive. - Similar Threads - Documents Folder missing

2. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive: Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the...
  3. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive: Hi,On my old PC, the documents folder is now empty on both This PC and the C drive despite me not deleting anything from the device. I have checked the Recycle Bin as I don't delete anything out of there until I know for sure that I don't need it anymore and nothing from the...
  4. Documents Folder Empty in both This PC and C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  6. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...: I followed a thread that's closed and DaveM121 gave an answer that makes sense to me and that I've confirmed--however, I don't see the two registry changes that I could make to remedy this. Can anyone help? My registry is attached. Here is the posting from DaveM121 that got...
  7. I save docs Documents folder on my C Drive and they are not showing in the Documents folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Missing 'Documents' folder

Missing 'Documents' folder: I just booted up my new PC with an SSD primary drive and a secondary HDD for storage. I was attempting to relocate my default user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, etc) to the HDD and somehow screwed it up. I started with the Documents folder and realized I had messed...
  9. Missing C:\users\Documents folder

Missing C:\users\Documents folder: For some time now I have been unable to see the Windows "Documents" folder on C:\users. All I see is the C:\users\OneDrive\Documents folder. Does OneDirve somehow interact with the Windows Documents folder and somehow combine them? I can't imagine that to be the case...
  10. My Documents folder is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    My Documents folder is missing: Hello all I have just formatted my PC last Monday, and i have installed drivers and Steam and American Truck Simulator. I know that my saves and mods are in My Documents folder and ATS loads still fine after the folder is missing. When I go to C:\Users\drfee there is a...