Windows 10: Documents folder "item not found" error

Discus and support Documents folder "item not found" error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My user folders like Music, Videos, Pictures and Documents can be accessed, but no files can be created, moved or edited. All of these user folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David0104, Apr 23, 2021.

1. David0104 Win User

Documents folder "item not found" error

My user folders like Music, Videos, Pictures and Documents can be accessed, but no files can be created, moved or edited. All of these user folders give me a "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:/Users/myusername. Verify the items location and try again." error

:)

David0104, Apr 23, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Documents folder "item not found" error - Similar Threads - Documents folder item

2. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  3. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder, but everytime i try to delete it i get this message:Could not find this itemThis is no longer located in C:\Users\User\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.I already check a computer repair store, couldn't find the problem.Do you...
  4. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. documents and other items show that they cant be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    documents and other items show that they cant be found: recently downloaded and ran the setup for windows 11 creation tool and my documents give an error saying that they cant be found. the windows 11 creation disk or setup i dont really know is still visible after running the setup . and weird issues like my defualt browser...
  6. documents and other items show that they cant be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    documents and other items show that they cant be found: recently downloaded and ran the setup for windows 11 creation tool and my documents give an error saying that they cant be found. the windows 11 creation disk or setup i dont really know is still visible after running the setup . and weird issues like my defualt browser...
  7. Item Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Item Not Found: I'm trying to delete a folder. However every time I try to delete it I always get this pop-up: [ATTACH] I receive the same message when trying to move it. How can I get rid of this folder? Thanks for any help....
  8. "Item not Found" error

in Windows 10 Support
    "Item not Found" error: Hi guys, I have upgraded from Build 18362.86 to .113 using KB4497936 successfully. But when I right click on desktop to create a new folder of text document I get the "Item not Found" error. Kindly advise how to resolve this issue, thanks... 132803
  9. Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Delete Folder - "Item Not Found": This has got to be the most frustrating issue I've ever encountered. Second time in the last month. I'm trying to delete a folder on my F:\ drive. It has a long name: "Palomino Blackwing Leather Pencil Roll" It's now empty. I want to remove it from my hard drive....
  10. Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder: In C:\Users\name\Videos I'm trying to delete several folders. They all say "Item not found, Could not find this item". This all started after using Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12. After every session it adds another miscellaneous folder into 'Videos' which cannot be delete or...