Windows 10: Documents folder mess

Discus and support Documents folder mess in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Had my Documents folder all set up and all folders and everything else was alphabetized- now everything is helter-skelter. How do I get my nice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by richard000000001, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Documents folder mess

Had my Documents folder all set up and all folders and everything else was alphabetized- now everything is helter-skelter. How do I get my nice organized Documents folder back?

:)

richard000000001, Jun 10, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Documents folder mess

Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Documents folder mess

1. Documents folder mess - Similar Threads - Documents folder mess

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders: I have a new PC and unknowingly selected "Start Backup" with OneDrive and messed up my folders with OneDrive. I thought OneDeive was just a backup like using a external hard drive. I quickly ranout of space in OneDrive and meesed up my folders, OneDrive changed the file...
  6. Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders

Messed up my Desktop, Document and Picture folders: I have a new PC and unknowingly selected "Start Backup" with OneDrive and messed up my folders with OneDrive. I thought OneDeive was just a backup like using a external hard drive. I quickly ranout of space in OneDrive and meesed up my folders, OneDrive changed the file...
  7. Update messed with Document folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed with Document folder: Since the last update of Windows, every time I reboot my desktop a Windows update happens. The address for Document and Desktop is no longer users/blien/... but users/TEMP.DEL.007...Thanks for any advice to correct this....
  8. Update messed with Document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed with Document folder: Since the last update of Windows, every time I reboot my desktop a Windows update happens. The address for Document and Desktop is no longer users/blien/... but users/TEMP.DEL.007...Thanks for any advice to correct this....
  9. Update messed with Document folder

10. I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\: I messed up trying to move my Documents folder location to my D:\ data partition. I was following this tutorial, but not carefully enough: Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 I didn't create a new Documents folder on the D:\ partition first, as the tutorial says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i tried to move my documents folder and made a mess