Windows 10: Documents folder name in chinese letters

Discus and support Documents folder name in chinese letters in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! i bought a surface pro m3, 2017 i belive. Finished set up and now i went into the libraries folder and noticed theres no documents folder but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kev Z, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Kev Z Win User

Documents folder name in chinese letters

Hello!

i bought a surface pro m3, 2017 i belive. Finished set up and now i went into the libraries folder and noticed theres no documents folder but in its place a chinese characters folder with the documents icon, there is anothe but dont know what folder it is. Set up, keyboard and everything else was set in english and everything else is in english after set up exept for those folders. Is there any way to fix it?

:)

Kev Z, Dec 25, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 25, 2018
  3. marinro Win User
    Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Dec 25, 2018
  4. jmalais Win User

Altering the Documents Directory Changes the Folder Name

I set up my Documents folder location to use the D drive on my computer and now it is stuck with the folder name D:/ - however when I go into properties it says that it is Documents. How can I get it to change the folder name back to Documents?

Edit:
    Steps I took were...

1. RMB Documents (in sidebar under Quick Access)
    2. Location - Move/Change to D:/
    3. Save

Now by default any documents saved to the Documents folder will be saved to the drive D:/ (Documents) rather than in the C:/Users/

Here's a screenshot (on Windows 10).

Documents folder name in chinese letters 9w9wS.jpg

jmalais, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Documents folder name in chinese letters - Similar Threads - Documents folder name

2. Change name of My Documents Folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change name of My Documents Folder.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS. Currently If you seen the My Desktop there is a Folder "My Documents". The Name of My Documents on Desktop is shown "Gavin" while in Properties its shown as "Dell" {As shown...
  3. Change name of My Documents Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change name of My Documents Folder.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS. Currently If you seen the My Desktop there is a Folder "My Documents". The Name of My Documents on Desktop is shown "Gavin" while in Properties its shown as "Dell" {As shown...
  4. Desktop Chinese letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Chinese letters: when i try to zip files on my desktop it pops up a Error saying that i cant compress this file because it inculdes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as 'chinese letter that i dont know how to type it' you should rename this file or directory.does...
  5. Desktop Chinese letters

Desktop Chinese letters: when i try to zip files on my desktop it pops up a Error saying that i cant compress this file because it inculdes characters that cannot be used in a compressed folder, such as 'chinese letter that i dont know how to type it' you should rename this file or directory.does...
  6. Chinese folder

Chinese folder: I downloaded a Chinese program called and it shows in the "this pc" but I can't delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-folder/a7563ca9-a1b5-49f0-8612-5bf8e1a4388a
  7. Document folder name Discrepancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document folder name Discrepancy: When setting up onedrive on my new computer, It started syncing and downloading all the files in our onedrive cloud, including those from other directories that we created using our web browser. I eventually stopped the sync and disabled/deleted onedrive, but now when I try...
  8. Documents folder name change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder name change: I accidently changed the name of the Documents folder to D: trying to redirect its location to my D:Data drive. Does anyone know how I can change it back to Documents?...
  9. Folder names in programs folder changed to random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder names in programs folder changed to random letters and numbers: Some program folders and shortcuts for various apps have been renamed. The original file names for the .exe files are all intact. I can still use windows search to look up "Microsoft Word," for example, but then the result "$R4EBKO7" comes up with the Microsoft Word icon...
  10. Showing Documents folder name in backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Showing Documents folder name in backup: I am running the Cobian backup program. I set it to back up the Documents directory. It give it a file name "Documents 2017-06-04 15;42;51 (Full)" which appears that way when looked at through Powershell and through alternative file managers. [img] Powershell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders chinese names

2. desktop folder name in chinese