Windows 10: Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Discus and support Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickEverest1, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Hi,

For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the default location for all my own files I want to reinstate that setup.

I do not use, nor do I wish to use OneDrive to store any documents at all unless I expressly move or copy them there for access from another device.

It is inconvenient and time consuming to have to keep navigating to users/user/documents every time I open File Explorer.

The downloads, pictures and video folders under This PC all still point to the appropriate folders - the ones on my hard drive.

I have attempted changing the location of the current This PC>Documents folder but it is blocked, and in any case I don't think that would be the correct procedure.

Can anybody help please?

:)

NickEverest1, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

1. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer - Similar Threads - Documents Folder File

2. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  3. Whenever I click on the folder "This PC" or folders located in "Documents" File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I click on the folder "This PC" or folders located in "Documents" File Explorer...: As the title says. When it freezes, all I can do is restart explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-click-on-the-folder-this-pc-or-folders/a2342f7d-2993-44db-805b-23e4d00809d4
  4. Whenever I click on the folder "This PC" or folders located in "Documents" File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I click on the folder "This PC" or folders located in "Documents" File Explorer...: As the title says. When it freezes, all I can do is restart explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-click-on-the-folder-this-pc-or-folders/a2342f7d-2993-44db-805b-23e4d00809d4
  5. File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically: but I don't want them to be split into 3 columns of A-H, I-P and Q-Z. I want them to be in one list without being divided up. It isn't necessary in my book anyway!. Thanks for any help....
  6. Documents in File Explorer

Documents in File Explorer: I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I do writing and save my documents so that I can post my fan fiction online. Now, I cannot open the documents. Any help on this...
  7. Managing the ‘Shortcuts’ to my Folders and Documents in File Explorer

Managing the ‘Shortcuts’ to my Folders and Documents in File Explorer: I have literally hundreds of Folders, Sub-Folders, Sub-sub-Folders etc. and literally thousands of Files Documents in my Windows File Explorer. Very often I need to have the same document in more than one Folder or Sub-Folder. So what I do is create ‘Shortcuts’ of the File...
  8. File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents

File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents: I Accidentally merged the Documents folder with my User Profile folder (actual title is "User"). I could move Documents folder to <User Profile>\Docements folder only by editing Registry. Now Documents folder operates correctly in Explorer (in This PC and Quick Access). But...
  9. Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC

Unable to delete files or folders in my Documents folder using File Explorer on a Windows 10 PC: All of I sudden when I select a file or folder in my Documents folder using File Explorer on my Windows 10 PC with Office 365 Home (which just received updates on Tuesday March 12) and click on the red "Delete" X or right click and then left-click on "Delete" in the small...
  10. File Explorer: "This PC" Documents folder link corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer: "This PC" Documents folder link corrupt: I tried to move my Documents folder to another partition, but stupidly specified E:\ instead of E:\Documents. I moved it back to the default location and fixed the Quick Access link but can't fix the folder link in "This PC". The icon is E:\ instead of Documents, and it...