Windows 10: Documents folder opens in background from START menu

Discus and support Documents folder opens in background from START menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Krothos, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Krothos Win User

Documents folder opens in background from START menu

A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening a few hours ago. I'm wondering if I accidentally hit some key combination on my keyboard to cause this.All my other shortcuts on my START menu open normally to the foreground and the START menu automatically closes when the icon is clicked. Even the File Explorer icon behaves normally. It's just my Documents, Downloads, M

:)

Krothos, Dec 24, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 24, 2021
  3. Win 10 - Shortcuts in Start Menu folder not appearing in menu or Search Results

Hi Michel,

The error that you encounter seems to be caused by a background process that's not working correctly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you getting the error when searching for the shortcut or when opening the sub folder on the Start Menu?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Dec 24, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Ya'll are missing the original question

Documents folder opens in background from START menu [​IMG]

Word is not in the Open with selection list. He wants to add it to that specific .pdf Open with list.

Ztruker, Dec 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Documents folder opens in background from START menu - Similar Threads - Documents folder opens

2. Remove folder from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  3. Remove folder from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove folder from start menu: I want to remove the applications from the folder. I want them to appear in alphabetical order without being in folder. IT something hard to find an application when it's located in these folder. For example: I want to open windows PowerShell from start menu and I start...
  4. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder opens in background from START menu: A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening...
  5. Documents folder opens in background from START menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder opens in background from START menu: A weird issue started on my Windows 10 21H2. My START menu will not close automatically when I click my Documents, Downloads, and other folder shortcuts. These folders open in the background, behind other open windows, while the START menu remains open. This started happening...
  6. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  7. Start Menu Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Background: Hello. How do I change the background color of the start menu from pale white to another color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-background/525643bf-5ef5-4ce5-bdc8-7b6bfccea54a
  8. OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS

OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS: EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND...
  9. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as the background of the start menu. I've read that this is the way it is and nothing can be done to display a background...
  10. start menu documents

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu documents: hi on my start menu i have turned on the options for the following to appear on the start menu documents downloads music pictures videos all work fine except for documents, when I click it it opens one drive instead of documents, the documents in the quick...